Tuesday July 6: O's home from long road trip to face Jays with Spenser Watkins on the mound

SteveA

Just now, Yossarian said:

Mancini is really struggling

I think he's probably feeling pretty fatigued at this point in the season.

To be honest the HR derby probably isn't a great idea for him but oh well, it shouldn't do any actual harm and I'm sure he'll get a huge ovation.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Yossarian said:

Mancini is really struggling

His first at bat, he hit it hard.  Loud out.  

IMO, it's a good sign when there's someone slumping and there's a loud out.  If a player is making good solid contact but the ball is finding gloves, that's one thing.  He doesn't look lost at the plate.

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

His first at bat, he hit it hard.  Loud out.  

IMO, it's a good sign when there's someone slumping and there's a loud out.  If a player is making good solid contact but the ball is finding gloves, that's one thing.  He doesn't look lost at the plate.

That's just the thing - he hasn't been making good contact.  He had a home run to center in Anaheim, but other than that it has been a string of strikeouts, weak ground outs, and easy popouts.  Even his few scattered singles in this recent slide have been weak flares that found a hole in the defense.  The first at bat today - sounded solid off the bat, but didn't even make it to the warning track.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Yossarian said:

That's just the thing - he hasn't been making good contact.  He had a home run to center in Anaheim, but other than that it has been a string of strikeouts, weak ground outs, and easy popouts.  Even his few scattered singles in this recent slide have been weak flares that found a hole in the defense.  The first at bat today - sounded solid off the bat, but didn't even make it to the warning track.  

It looked good, too.  I think it had topspin and knuckled under.

4 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Dude, simmer down.  And put the bottle down, too.

The classic Jimi is a good look, always.

Jeff pissed me off. JUST for the sake of pissing me off. He KNEW that would make me mad and he posted it anyways! It's not about the bottle, it's about a "friend" f-ing with you. For NO reason.