2021 Draft Thread

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

You're always whining.

No chance Elias picked those guys last year with knowledge that they were damaged goods.

I understand that, but my point was that not only did he not take BPA at the time, but the guy he gambled on may never play at all. I’m not suggesting didn’t do his due diligence, but the gamble sure looks bust at the moment.

If you’re risking a lot, risk it on BPA. 

8 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

No chance Elias picked those guys last year with knowledge that they were damaged goods.

Of course not.  Also, if he hadn't wasted the 2nd overall pick on the 10th best talent, HK's issue wouldn't be our problem at all.  But, hey, it's cool, it failed last year so he just did it again.

• Upvote 1

I can't believe Lawlef fell to the O's and they chose Cowser.  That's so Orioles.  Royals just picked some pitcher I never heard of.  O's must think Kjerstad has permanent health problems.  I wish I could have $1 for every time the O's usual underslot strategy is mentioned in the next year.  I hate if we have to watch Lawler in the Asg and Cowser is barely average.  I know its the draft, but this is disappointing on zo many levels.

Just now, Ripken said:

Of course not.  Also, if he hadn't wasted the 2nd overall pick on the 10th best talent, HK's issue wouldn't be our problem at all.  But, hey, it's cool, it failed last year so he just did it again.

So if I understand you correctly, you're pissed that HK's myocarditis is our problem and view it as a failure.  So if it failed last year, Cowser's going to fail this year?

There's a lot of logic there.