2021 1st round pick (5): Colton Cowser - OF - (Junior) Sam Houston University

On 7/17/2021 at 6:52 PM, Frobby said:

Glad he signed quickly and I hope he gets slotted at Delmarva soon.   

You will be disappointed.   Elias has already said that a lot of the college players will stay in Sarasota for a while to ramp back up into shape because some of them have been shut down for a month or two.  I'll bet that we will wait longer than we all would like before these guys leave Sarasota.

15 minutes ago, SteveA said:

You will be disappointed.   Elias has already said that a lot of the college players will stay in Sarasota for a while to ramp back up into shape because some of them have been shut down for a month or two.  I'll bet that we will wait longer than we all would like before these guys leave Sarasota.

I guess it all depends on what “soon” is.  I’d expect Cowser to move sooner than most.   Some of the guys probably won’t play outside out of Florida at all.  

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I guess it all depends on what “soon” is.  I’d expect Cowser to move sooner than most.   Some of the guys probably won’t play outside out of Florida at all.  

My definition of not soon is long enough that there will be a thread on here griping about how long it has been and yet Cowser and others are still in Sarasota.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Lots of goodness in there about the Orioles draft process and it good to hear about the interactions with scouts that were backed up by the analytics.

3 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I guess that's not shocking considering he wasn't rated very highly by the talking heads leading up to the draft.

Right..it doesn’t mean anything but interesting that a top 5 pick doesn’t make the list.  Wonder how often that has happened?

8 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Right..it doesn’t mean anything but interesting that a top 5 pick doesn’t make the list.  Wonder how often that has happened?

It appears that Kyle Wright who was drafted by the Braves 5th overall in 2017 never made a top 100 list. He's already pitched 70 underwhelming innings in the majors.

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...