Dominican Summer League - 2021

UMDTerrapins

The O’s once again have two teams in the DSL.   DSL 1 lost their opener 4-3.   SS Maikol Hernandez (17) went 0 for 1 with two walks.   C Sammy Basallo (16) went 2 for 3 with a double and an RBI.    The big blow of the day came from 3B Anderson De Los Santos, who homered and singled in 3 at bats.  

DSL 2 got manhandled 13-4.   SS Victor Gonzalez (18), 1B Aneudis Mordan (17), RF Grabiel Salazar (20) and C Yasmil Bucce (16) each had two hits, with Salazar and Bucce each hitting a double.  

Fun fact: both of our starting catchers, Dominican Sammy Basallo and Venezuelan Yasmil Bucce, were born on August 13, 2004.   In addition to that interesting coincidence, they are among the younger players in the DSL, as only players who turned 16 before Sept. 1, 2020 were eligible to sign.

• Upvote 1

I haven't seen this mentioned but one of the DSL teams hasn't played for about a week.   Instead of postponed the games say cancelled.   I'm assuming it's a Covid thing going on down there but I guess it could be something else.   The 1 team was supposed to play the 2 team today and it was cancelled.   I think it's the #2 team.   They actually switched Moises Ramirez, the 3B on the #2 team, to the #1 team and he played 1B the first game with them.

Sorry.  I see the Frobby had already mentioned this.

Coby Mayo HAS ONLY played for FCL Black.  I check the box scores daily.  Only one error too !!!  I believe.

For some reason the Orioles Black is loaded with the better prospects. I think they are 10 and 7.  

And Orioles Orange has lost 18 out of 19 games.  And clearly has the less talented and most inexperienced team.

6 minutes ago, waynebug said:

Coby Mayo HAS ONLY played for FCL Black.  I check the box scores daily.  Only one error too !!!  I believe.

For some reason the Orioles Black is loaded with the better prospects. I think they are 10 and 7.  

And Orioles Orange has lost 18 out of 19 games.  And clearly has the less talented and most inexperienced team.

I believe you're wrong. I believe the stats show one game with Orange and one error charged in that game.  

3 hours ago, waynebug said:

Yes, I know. Wrong thread, but thanks for putting that IN CAPS. 

Just a reminder of who the high-bonus guys on our DSL teams are:

DSL 1:

C Sammy Basallo, 16, $1.3 mm

SS Maikol Hernandez, 17, $1.2 mm

RF Wilmer Feliciano, 17, $400 K

3B/SS Anderson de los Santos, $350 k

DSL 2: 

C Yasmil Bucce, 16, $300 K

3B/SS Eruviel Castillo, 17, $350 K

SS/2B Victor Celedonio, 17, $360 K

LF Teudis Cortorreal, 17, $350 K

Too early to look at stats since the two teams have played only 5 and 7 games, respectively.

Caveat: we don’t always know the bonuses of the Venezuelan players, as teams keep them quiet due to kidnapping concerns.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1