Reordering the O's minor league players

wildcard

Today is the mid point of the minor league season.    Hyde mentioned a few days ago a resets in the minors. 

https://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2021/07/orioles-enter-full-squad-reset-before-second-half.html  

What I think that means is now that the draft is over Elias will focus on promotions and demotions in the minors.  Matt Blood has talked about the elements that go into promotions as performance, age, and is there an opening at the next level.  Taking those things into account here is who I think will move up on July 19th, which is the next open day on the schedule.

O's roster

Means activated and Alex Wells called up:   Eshelman and Anderson optioned to the Tides is my guess.

Tides roster

Rutschman, Dorrian, Neustrom, Rodriguez and Vespi  promoted from Bowie. Ciuffo, Ripken, Armstrong, Carroll, Greene, Jannis and Phillips could be demoted to Bowie or released.

Baysox

Rom, Westburg and Mundy promoted from Aberdeen.  Fenter, Klimek, Naughton and Hayes could be demoted to Aberdeen or released.   Cullen demoted to Aberdeen because that is where he is needed.

Aberdeen

Brandon Young, Ryan Watson, Ignacio Felix, Adam Stauffer, and  TT Bowen promoted from Delmarva.   Pendergast, Nick Roth, Strowd, Megee, and Lucas demoted to  Delmarva.  These are all pitchers that were promoted from the NYPENN league to A+ ball at the beginning for the season and have not done well in the first half.   Some may say promote Haskin to Aberdeen but they have Watson, Harris, Kehe and Fontana.  So I question if Elias will do that at this point.

All this is JMG.

• Upvote 2

Hard to say what Hyde meant. "Reset" was Roch's term, not a quote. Seemed to be mostly about getting help for the pitching staff. I think Wells is a good call although not sure that will happen this week. As mentioned on another thread, I'd like to see Dusten Knight although that would require a 40 man roster move. He has been solid in AAA. Lowther and Kremer need to get straightened out before they are recalled. 

I love Mundy but don't see him being called up right away, he was just promoted to Aberdeen. 

I am more inclined to keep Rutschman in AA developing rapport with Grayson and DL.

Adam Hall has been on fire lately. I could see him promoted perhaps before Westburg. 

I wish I could buy stock in Rom.  He's a ground ball machine.  Almost 3 ground outs per flyout.  And still a strikeout an inning.  

Yeah, I wish he threw a little bit harder.  Only Grayson Rodriguez will have a better career.  In my opinion.

• Upvote 1

Wildcard !!!!  Why don't you attempt some kind of prospect list for our 4 short season teams.  2 in the Florida Complex League.  2 in the Dominican Summer League.

Just for fun.  These guys have played so few games, you're going to have to take into account age, bonus size and past performance, etc.

Means may need another start at AAA.   Eshelman may stay for now.

I have Adley and Rodriguez  both moving to AAA.  I don't think Adley's slump matters.  Its more about getting him half a season at AAA.

I agree Dusten Knight is ready for a move but I don't know if the O's are ready to DFA anyone on the major league roster.  Lot of candidates but Elias has been slow to act on Matt Harvey or Valdez.

I did the Orioles, Tides, Baysox and Ironbirds rosters for this post.   I looked at Delmarva but didn't complete the roster.  I can't even find the O's FCL individual stats.

Its all just my guess.  Rosters are after my proposed moves.

Means

Zimmermann  IL

Watkins

Lopez

Alex Wells

Akin

Scott

Sulser

Fry

Tyler Wells

H Harvey -IL

Tate

Plutko

Valdez

M Harvey

Waiting

Dusten Knight

Option Anderson, Eshellman,  (Lowther already down)

IL Lakins

1B Mountcastle

2B  Valaika

SS  Urias

3B  Gutierrez

LF  Hays

CF Mullins

RF Santander

C Severino

DH Mancini

4th OF   Stewart

5th OF   McKenna

UIF Leyba

BUC Wynns

Galvis  IL

Franco IL

AAA

GRod

Bradish

Lowther

Smith

Kremer

Dustin Knight

Blaine Knight

Vespi

Diplan

Barreda

Wade

Hanhold

Custodio

Abad

Anderson

Eshelmann

Mattson

Demoted:  Armstrong. Carroll, Greene, Jannis, Phillips

C Adley

1B/OF  Nevin

2B  Jones

SS  McCoy

3B Dorrian

LF Neustrom

CF  Jarrett

RF  Diaz

DH/C  Cumberland

1B/DH  Escarra

Utility   Wilkerson

UIF   Bannon

UIF/SS  Mejias-Brean

Ripken, Ciuffo demoted

Shaw IL

AA

DL Hall  - IL

Bishop

Baumann

Brnovich

Peralta

Rom

Sedlock

Bautista

LeBron

Erwin

Jannis

Phillips

Armstrong

Carroll

Joyner

Almengo

Klimek

Naughton

Hayes

Hanifee - IL

1B Mundy

2B Grenier

SS Westburg

3B Welk

LF  Stowers

CF  Rizer

RF  Turchin

C Hudgins

C  Cuiffo

UIF Torres

UIF Canelo

1B/OF/ DH  Ripken

2B  Vavra - IL

UIF Ortiz - IL

A+

1B/DH  Dashbash

2B Graffanino

SS Adem Hall

3B Henderson

LF  Harris

CF Watson

RF Kehe

C  Handley

DH /1B Bowen

4th OF  Fontana

C Roberts

C Burgess

IF Cullen

Prizina

Stalling

Gillispie

Fenter

Young

McGinness

Perkins

Moore

Farmer

Conroy

McSweeney

Gillaspie

Ryan Watson

Ignacio Felix

Adam Stauffer

Wilson - IL

Ramirez - IL

Litscher - IL

Loeprich -IL

Blach - IL

• Upvote 1

I'd like to see some of the older AA pitchers moved up. 

Bishop 25

Knight 25

Lebron 27 (unless he's just considered roster filler)

Sedlock 26 (he's either healthy or he's not)

These guys have all had good seasons. Let's see what they can do in AAA and whether they actually have a future.

2 hours ago, Gentile4 said:

I'd like to see some of the older AA pitchers moved up. 

Bishop 25

Knight 25

Lebron 27 (unless he's just considered roster filler)

Sedlock 26 (he's either healthy or he's not)

These guys have all had good seasons. Let's see what they can do in AAA and whether they actually have a future.

I think Sedlock gets promoted pretty soon. He's having a decent enough season and is old enough where you're not really looking for him to dominate a level, just keep challenging him if he's holding his own. Would be fun to actually get him up to the ML bullpen somewhat soon, if he can stay healthy and productive at AAA. 

On 7/15/2021 at 1:42 PM, wildcard said:

Today is the mid point of the minor league season.    Hyde mentioned a few days ago a resets in the minors. 

https://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2021/07/orioles-enter-full-squad-reset-before-second-half.html  

What I think that means is now that the draft is over Elias will focus on promotions and demotions in the minors.  Matt Blood has talked about the elements that go into promotions as performance, age, and is there an opening at the next level.  Taking those things into account here is who I think will move up on July 19th, which is the next open day on the schedule.

O's roster

Means activated and Alex Wells called up:   Eshelman and Anderson optioned to the Tides is my guess.

Tides roster

Rutschman, Dorrian, Neustrom, Rodriguez and Vespi  promoted from Bowie. Ciuffo, Ripken, Armstrong, Carroll, Greene, Jannis and Phillips could be demoted to Bowie or released.

Baysox

Rom, Westburg and Mundy promoted from Aberdeen.  Fenter, Klimek, Naughton and Hayes could be demoted to Aberdeen or released.   Cullen demoted to Aberdeen because that is where he is needed.

Aberdeen

Brandon Young, Ryan Watson, Ignacio Felix, Adam Stauffer, and  TT Bowen promoted from Delmarva.   Pendergast, Nick Roth, Strowd, Megee, and Lucas demoted to  Delmarva.  These are all pitchers that were promoted from the NYPENN league to A+ ball at the beginning for the season and have not done well in the first half.   Some may say promote Haskin to Aberdeen but they have Watson, Harris, Kehe and Fontana.  So I question if Elias will do that at this point.

All this is JMG.

I find your posts super fun to read. I enjoy a good rosterbation theory post. 

• Upvote 1