A Few Developments

Peace21

WARP3 for 2007:

Youk: 7.4

Tex: 5.5

Youk is also a pretty solid fielder.

The only this makes sense, IMO, is if Manny is in the deal as well.

I believe Texas was interested in Manny in the past.

Maybe they are again???

Why do you say that? Just wondering. Why would a rebuilding club want an aging big money player like that?

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We've got the dude for another 2.5 years. No huge rush...

When did the sky fall, people? Sweet lord!!!

Let me know the odds of Bedard pitching this well again... You have to sell high here if he's not going to sign an extension...

Why do you say that? Just wondering. Why would a rebuilding club want an aging big money player like that?

Well, i mean only makes sense for Boston although, there is no guarantee AROD signs with them in the offseason.

However, i could see Texas being interested in Manny.

Well, this is a good time to trade Bedard.

Who knows if that story is true or not or who knows if it is partially true but embellished some.

Bottom line is we should be approaching him with an extension and if he isn't interested, then we should look to trade him sooner than later.

I agree, but I'd wait until next summer to trade Bedard.

I'd make it a priority to resign him this winter first.

Let me know the odds of Bedard pitching this well again... You have to sell high here if he's not going to sign an extension...

The odds of Bedard pitching this well again? I'd say they're pretty good given his peripheral stats.

Am I missing something? :confused::confused::confused:

We should be focused on extending him this winter.

Well, this is a good time to trade Bedard.

Who knows if that story is true or not or who knows if it is partially true but embellished some.

Bottom line is we should be approaching him with an extension and if he isn't interested, then we should look to trade him sooner than later.

This brings up something that doesn't make sense. Peace's source told him the story about Bedard getting ticked at the front office and saying that he won't resign with the club. However, Peace's source also laughed when asked if we would trade Bedard. Wouldn't knowing that Bedard is not going to resign with us make us more likely to trade him?

This brings up something that doesn't make sense. Peace's source told him the story about Bedard getting ticked at the front office and saying that he won't resign with the club. However, Peace's source also laughed when asked if we would trade Bedard. Wouldn't knowing that Bedard is not going to resign with us make us more likely to trade him?
I thought the same exact thing.

Of course, this FO is so ridiculous, that they think we are close to contending, so maybe they think they need Bedard more because of that?

Also, they could try to go back to him to extend him.

Not necessarily in the short run. He is still under the clubs control for quite a while so while trading him now might net the best return there isn't really a sense of urgency. That applies even if we knew w/100% certainty that an extension was impossible.

They can sit down in the offseason, tell him that the MacPhail way is different and try to sell him on signing an extension. If not they'll still get a ton of value next July if he pitches well.

This is what I was thinking too. Plus they way he worded it, "Bedard told his agent", comes off as something that he didn't tell the FO. So that begs the question of how would Peace's guy be privy to conversations with Bedard and his Agent?

This is the Baltimore Orioles, we don't trade pitchers that are going to walk -see Mussina, Mike and Ryan, B.J. We'd rather keep said player because we are going to compete. We can't send a message to the fanbase that we are rebuilding. Instead we'll waste draft picks on medicocre signings, keep all our young pitching until it shows it is ineffective or gets injured (God forbid we trade any of it, cause one day they'll all be aces) and lure our fans to the ballpark with all-you-can-eat gorge fests. That's the plan!

This is what I was thinking too. Plus they way he worded it, "Bedard told his agent", comes off as something that he didn't tell the FO. So that begs the question of how would Peace's guy be privy to conversations with Bedard and his Agent?

I think Peace's guy is an agent...not necessarily Bedard's, but definitely an agent.

Archived