Your 2022 FA Wish List

Il BuonO

I would hope 22 will be the turn around year for the rebuild.  
1. Cut Davis

2. sign moderate ss- Simmons & K. Seigler 3b, defensive catcher Romaine,  2 mid level starters, and 2 relievers.   Add AR,

g rod, Stowers, westburg, Bauman,  throughout the year would be a good start for a 23 push with Cowser , hall, kjerstad late 23.

• 1 month later...

Bump....seemed a better place for this than the thread about J Harrison.

Another poster stated Mancini and Santander aren’t blocking anyone and he’s right in the respect that Mountcastle IS the guy at 1B. I don’t see where either of them fit. Trade up.

Second base is more difficult. I’d give Mateo a shot, but I’m not convinced he’s anything more than a reserve even with all the tools. Vavra? Let’s see it. Jones? No thanks.

Question-Why not Correa if you’re willing to go big w/ Bryant? Don’t misunderstand, I like the idea of Bryant, but how about both being options? I don’t mean acquiring both, but lay out a big number to either or someone else. And Seager is fine, too. J Baez would destroy Camden Yards with bombs, but his approach drives me nuts. Semien could be a steal. Is A Simmons a reasonable stop gap? Tail end, but can still pick it.  

Bryant has the versatility to play the OF, but if they nabbed CC they could slide him to 3B in the future depending on decline at the position or if one of Gunnar or Westburg stock at SS. 

Failing a big name at SS, I like DeJong, but wouldn’t be adverse to Didi either. As you say, down year, but has been a solid bat for his career. The defense will get worse, but he’s serviceable for now. 

Many ways to go about it.

The O's are obviously not going to get Kris Bryant.  Chris Taylor might be a good acquisition in the Melvin Mora mold - giving a lot of versatility.  He's hit well for 5 straight years - switching mostly between, SS, 2B, and CF - making it a sure thing that he wouldn't block anyone.  He even played CF in this year's All-Star game.     

Correa, Stroman, E. Escobar, D. Norris, Bundy

CF Mullins

DH Mancini

SS Correa

1B Mountcastle

3B Escobar

LF Hays

RF Santander

C Rutschman

2B Mateo/Urias/Jones/Bannon

Means

Stroman

Norris

Bundy

Akin/Lowther/Baumann/Zimmerman/Ellis/Whoever doesnt suck

Fill in one of those for Bundy or Norris if they continue being awful too. 

Man, they should totally hire me in the front office.  /s

PS I know absolutely none of this is happening, but it’s a wish list 

• Haha 1

It seems there could be a Tejada type deal among the SS.  It looks like there are too many SS that want a huge contract.  Is it worth trying to get a top SS a year early?  By a year early, I mean before all the prospects from the minors are here.  Tejada's signing was made when the O's didn't have enough supporting prospects/young players.  The O's had a lot of good pitching prospects, but almost none of them ever panned out.  Bedard was the notable exception.

16 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

It seems there could be a Tejada type deal among the SS.  It looks like there are too many SS that want a huge contract.  Is it worth trying to get a top SS a year early?  By a year early, I mean before all the prospects from the minors are here.  Tejada's signing was made when the O's didn't have enough supporting prospects/young players.  The O's had a lot of good pitching prospects, but almost none of them ever panned out.  Bedard was the notable exception.

You always sign a good player when you have the chance.

I do agree that  a SS could slip through the cracks but I also think its likely you don't want that guy.

He was a part of the cheating Astros who showed no remorse for their actions.

I know they all cheat, any way to get an advantage, and all of that jazz. No issues with that. My problem is they didn't own it when they were wrong and take responsibility for it. Correa was one of the outspoken ones being an a-hole about the whole thing. Integrity is a thing for me.

I don't expect anyone to agree, just the way I feel about them.

1 hour ago, oriole said:

Correa, Stroman, E. Escobar, D. Norris, Bundy

CF Mullins

DH Mancini

SS Correa

1B Mountcastle

3B Escobar

LF Hays

RF Santander

C Rutschman

2B Mateo/Urias/Jones/Bannon

Means

Stroman

Norris

Bundy

Akin/Lowther/Baumann/Zimmerman/Ellis/Whoever doesnt suck

Fill in one of those for Bundy or Norris if they continue being awful too. 

Man, they should totally hire me in the front office.  /s

PS I know absolutely none of this is happening, but it’s a wish list 

If that happens, I will know the O's were bought by a fabulously rich hedge fund manager.  That looks like a good plan. 

2 hours ago, jabba72 said:

I like Javier Baez since im not fully convinced the O's have their next SS in the system. He would be an affordable piece. Good defensively, doesn't take walks but thats why he comes cheaper. 

I've always been a huge Baez fan, so yeah, I'd love for the O's to get him.  He's a spectacular defender - at SS or 2B - though he will make his share of errors.  And while he typically has awful so/w numbers, he's a productive hitter with excellent power.  He's also finishing off this season real well with a 1.067 OPS in September.  As far as everyday players, he'd probably be #1 on my wish list.