Per Roch, more promotions coming

Legend_Of_Joey

Also, there's no reason a guy like G-Rod couldn't be promoted in the next couple of days. We've seen this before where a bunch of guys get promoted, and then a few more soon after. Not saying it's going to happen, but there could be any number of reasons they hold someone back a few days from the larger group. 

2 minutes ago, Ripken said:

Excellent.  It's about damn time on some of these.  I'm sure Elias is going at his pace but it's interesting to see all these moves right when the national media and fan base are griping loudly.

It’s all a result of the 2021 draft class being ready to join Delmarva and needing to create space through some promotions.  Outside criticism is completely unrelated IMO.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, interloper said:

Also, there's no reason a guy like G-Rod couldn't be promoted in the next couple of days. We've seen this before where a bunch of guys get promoted, and then a few more soon after. Not saying it's going to happen, but there could be any number of reasons they hold someone back a few days from the larger group. 

I believe he’s scheduled to pitch twice this week, both Tuesday and Sunday.  

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

It’s all a result of the 2021 draft class being ready to join Delmarva and needing to create space through some promotions.  Outside criticism is completely unrelated IMO.

I agree that he's not being influenced in any way.  The timing is fun though with so many recent complaints about the horrid Orioles, failed pitching prospects, drafting strategies, slow-rolling promotions, and so forth.

Other than GrayRod, the one non-promotion that stands out to me is Patrick Dorrian. .879 OPS in 276 at bats in Bowie.  Old for a Double A prospect at 25.  

With Westburg and Mundy being promoted there will be even more competition for at bats at the corner infield spots and I assume they still want to work Welk in some.  Seems like an obvious one that they missed here.  What does he have left to prove?

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Yardball85 said:

I'm excited to see Westburg everyday at SS, as well as the Mundy promotion. Also excited to see Mayo and Cowser at Delmarva. 

I hope they start doing this with their priority prospects. This jumping positions to position has been ridiculous. You don't develop a future starting SS or 3B by playing him half the time there.

9 hours ago, Chaka Garcia said:

I noticed 18 year old Raul Rangel has good FCL numbers and a few publications think he has the potential to add more velocity with strength/weight. Any chance he moves to Delmarva?

31/6 K/BB in 24 IP. He’s instantly a top 5 pitching prospect right?

12 hours ago, Chaka Garcia said:

I noticed 18 year old Raul Rangel has good FCL numbers and a few publications think he has the potential to add more velocity with strength/weight. Any chance he moves to Delmarva?

Although my information from the FCL is spotty, I've heard he's the best prospect pitching there right now. Tell and lanky and already hitting mid-90s on a occasion, there is certainly hope for more velocity as he fills out.

14 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

I hope they start doing this with their priority prospects. This jumping positions to position has been ridiculous. You don't develop a future starting SS or 3B by playing him hald the time there.

Agreed.  If they want Westburg at SS and Henderson at 3B, then play them there.  Get them the reps.  There is no good reason I can think of to keep bouncing them around.