Local media

Pushmonkey

4 minutes ago, Pushmonkey said:

Is that really a bad thing?

Not necessarily, it’s just a question of the catalyst, and a lot of times the catalysts is nothing.

“Stanton only has 35 home runs! Fire up the torches!”

On the other hand, they complain about Boone a lot, and I completely agree with them.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SteveA said:

Roch does have a Ripkenesque  streak going of posting an Oriole article for 4000+ consecutive days, even Christmases.   Or something like that.   So if he posted his usual morning article and his pregame stuff and took an afternoon off, I won't begrudge him.   You can question the fact that he isn't critical enough of the organization, but you can't question his work ethic.   I roll out of bed at 7 or 8 every morning and read his 4am article linked from Twitter.   Every day without fail.

Honestly i think his streak is just silly.   Does anyone really care?   He frequently writes posts that are just recaps of old information.    He’s hardly unique in doing that, but it renders his streak pretty meaningless.   The world wouldn’t stop revolving on it axis if Roch took a two week vacation and didn’t post at all.   

By the way, I’ve been working 39 years and have never taken a sick day.   But I’ve taken plenty of vacations!

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Philip said:

Not necessarily, it’s just a question of the catalyst, and a lot of times the catalysts is nothing.

“Stanton only has 35 home runs! Fire up the torches!”

On the other hand, they complain about Boone a lot, and I completely agree with them.

I think Boone pretty much makes all his decisions based on what the Yankees analytics department tells him. He just gets to be the scapegoat when it doesn’t work out. 

8 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Meaningful answers like what?

Whining about the media is one of the weirdest things that people do on here, IMO.  What happens if MASN isn't an Orioles mouthpiece?  What happens if the Sun all of a sudden stops writing fluff pieces and starts asking hard questions?

Does Elias promote AR faster?  Does he promote G-Rod faster?  Does he change his draft strategy?  Does he step up and sign talented pitchers in the off-season?  Does he start Cowser at AA next year?  Do the Orioles start winning more games faster because MASN and the Sun are trying to hold Elias's feet to the fire?

What do people expect the media to do?  "Meaningful answers!!!" What meaningful answers are there other than gathering as much talent as possible? 

Does anyone think that Elias is all of a sudden going to start giving direct answers because the media is suddenly going to start asking the tough questions?  

People have a weird, weird obsession with the media in this country and their perception of what the media actually does and can do.  The Baltimore media has precisely dick **** to do with the product that the Orioles put on the field.  Asking a different set of questions doesn't change anything.  

I don't know man.  I think it'd be a hoot to watch Hyde handle tough questions night in and night out.

Elias will just dance away.  I'm not sure Hyde is subtle enough.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Pushmonkey said:

Moose you’re correct that it probably won’t do anything. However, it would at least show they are not ok with the product on the field as the media could be the voice of the people. However only having 4K fans in the stands is also a voice. 

I think you want the media to be as upset as we are.  

It's not their job to be upset.  It's not their job to be the voice of the people.  And quite frankly, in this day and age the people do have a voice...it's twitter, facebook, Instagram...and for us, in this case, Orioles Hangout.  You don't need Roch to stump for you, you don't need Meoli or Schmuck to tell the team how upset you are.  Fire off a few tweets, leave some facebook posts.  Keep writing on here, the Warehouse pays attention to this site.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I think you want the media to be as upset as we are.  

It's not their job to be upset.  It's not their job to be the voice of the people.  And quite frankly, in this day and age the people do have a voice...it's twitter, facebook, Instagram...and for us, in this case, Orioles Hangout.  You don't need Roch to stump for you, you don't need Meoli or Schmuck to tell the team how upset you are.  Fire off a few tweets, leave some facebook posts.  Keep writing on here, the Warehouse pays attention to this site.

You want them to take your dissatisfaction seriously you need to stop doing anything that will add to their income.

Quit watching MASN, quit going to games, quit buying merch.

That will get their attention.  I'm not sure anything else will.

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

You want them to take your dissatisfaction seriously you need to stop doing anything that will add to their income.

Quit watching MASN, quit going to games, quit buying merch.

That will get their attention.  I'm not sure anything else will.

I think the average fan has already done that. Sadly I worry that they will get those fans back.