Yet Again...

RFisthaMan

I don't even care how this game ends. I do, but once again, this is a pathetic, horseshi** effort by Maryland. Florida State is not beating the Terps, the Terps are beating themselves.

This is the story of the year. The Atlantic Division is in the hands of the Terrapins, and they continue to blow it. Whether its the coaching or the players, I'm not sure.

Did they lose heart after seeing BC win today? Why can't they take a page from those guys, and make something happen? It's embarrassing to pull for a team that doesn't seem to give a damn. They play up to their competition- I'd kill for a season where the players give a damn about the W, not just whether or not the team they're playing has a national ranking.

I'm embarrassed for this season- the Atlantic Conference was theirs for the taking. If they win, phenominal- I'm always a Terp fan. But this should have been locked up already. Not up in the air and playing like garbage against Florida State. Again.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As long as Maryland continues to play a medioce at best QB they will continue to have efforts like this. Face it, this team is lucky to be where they are and have overachieved. Tell you what though, this team has an amazing ability to look bad on ESPN games.

I hope everyone is remembering earlier in the season when there was so much insanity as to why on earth Coach Friedgen was going to start Steffy over Turner, and the explanations about motivation in practice. I know I was one of them, and I can see why.

Turner just isn't the guy we need in this position.

As long as Maryland continues to play a medioce at best QB they will continue to have efforts like this. Face it, this team is lucky to be where they are and have overachieved. Tell you what though, this team has an amazing ability to look bad on ESPN games.

Honestly tho, has this team overacheived? Underacheived? Been exactly what we could have hoped for? They dominate ranked teams, suck against terrible teams... What identity does this team have? The ACC is in its grasp.

I'm a year outside of being a student, maybe I'm just too attached- I feel as close to the team as I do to the Ravens, with the Orioles slightly ahead. I just hate myself for allowing my mind to think the Terps could actually make it to the ACC Championship.... Win the ACC Championship... Win the Orange Bowl... This game is just another kick in the balls. I'm tired of seeing it, year, after year, after year....

I hope everyone is remembering earlier in the season when there was so much insanity as to why on earth Coach Friedgen was going to start Steffy over Turner, and the explanations about motivation in practice. I know I was one of them, and I can see why.

Turner just isn't the guy we need in this position.

You're right. And I'm one of the guys who was on Turner's side over Steffy's. Unfortunately I was wrong. I'm not saying Steffy would have done any better than Turner tonight. But he couldn't have been worse.

I stand corrected.

You're right. And I'm one of the guys who was on Turner's side over Steffy's. Unfortunately I was wrong. I'm not saying Steffy would have done any better than Turner tonight. But he couldn't have been worse.

I stand corrected.

Me too. I surely didn't want to see Steffy start over Turner, though I am very close to start calling for him tonight.

Me too. I surely didn't want to see Steffy start over Turner, though I am very close to start calling for him tonight.

Steffy can't be any worse. This is a pathetic showing by the Terps. All day I've been waiting for this game. And Turner is just showing why he belongs in the NCAA...

As a backup.

If you don't have talent, you must have the coaching to make these kids play tough. The problem is that they don't have talent OR coaching.

Every time they get a chance to make a statement, they get beat up.

This team is exactly what their record says they are. The good wins are offset by the terrible losses. Net, net, they are slightly better than the Dukes and NC States of the ACC.

If you don't have talent, you must have the coaching to make these kids play tough. The problem is that they don't have talent OR coaching.

This team is exactly what their record says they are. The good wins are offset by the terrible losses. Net, net, they are slightly better than the Dukes and NC States of the ACC.

I gave you rep agreeing with what you said, however....

This team HAS the talent. While the Terps are no USC or Alabama, the talent is there. With the right coaching, this team has the Atlantic Conference locked up.

I love Fridge for making the Terps relevant. But he hasn't been able to coach them to the next step.

This season will be remembered for what could have been, instead of what happened.

Well, last time I checked we have the second-best conference record (and if we lose we'll still be tied for second), and the second-best overall record in the conference (same as above if we lose). So, what DOES our record say? Other than being three games better than Duke and two over NC State (slightly more than "slightly better").

I gave you rep agreeing with what you said, however....

This team HAS the talent. While the Terps are no USC or Alabama, the talent is there. With the right coaching, this team has the Atlantic Conference locked up.

I love Fridge for making the Terps relevant. But he hasn't been able to coach them to the next step.

This season will be remembered for what could have been, instead of what happened.

Is there talent there? Really? How do you know? I'm a member of TT Times and just b/c a guy paid by rivals gets on there and says so and so was a "4 star" recruit, etc, doesn't mean there is talent. HS exploits mean nothing to me, I want to see it on the field.

I know there is talent on the team. Heyward Bey, Scott, Meggett, Gronkowski, there are some talented guys on the team. However, I don't think there is as much as people think. Click over to the Texas Tech/OK game, or even the Cincy/Pitt game. There are guys over on either of those games that are playing much faster than the Terps.

Well, last time I checked we have the second-best conference record (and if we lose we'll still be tied for second), and the second-best overall record in the conference (same as above if we lose). So, what DOES our record say? Other than being three games better than Duke and two over NC State (slightly more than "slightly better").

It says that after this game this team is a 7 win team, maybe 8. Better than UNC, NC State, perhaps better than Duke (don't know cause we didn't play them) but not better than teams expected to be the upper echelon of the ACC (FSU, Miami, VaTech). I'll even put BC up there since they always seem to do well without getting much hype.

I should have clarified my position that we're basically "second tier" status. Basically, we're "average", maybe above avg at best.

It says that after this game this team is a 7 win team, maybe 8. Better than UNC, NC State, perhaps better than Duke (don't know cause we didn't play them) but not better than teams expected to be the upper echelon of the ACC (FSU, Miami, VaTech). I'll even put BC up there since they always seem to do well without getting much hype.

I should have clarified my position that we're basically "second tier" status. Basically, we're "average", maybe above avg at best.

Then VaTech and Miami are second-tier, because we'll have the same conference and overall records as them.

As an aside, since I just started looking through the season predictions threads, SI might have hit their prediction almost exact: http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68620

Then VaTech and Miami are second-tier, because we'll have the same conference and overall records as them.

As an aside, since I just started looking through the season predictions threads, SI might have hit their prediction almost exact: http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68620

Right, but most expect Miami, VaTech and FSU to win the ACC. They have "programs" while MD does not. MD has "teams." MD gets pushed around when they play "programs."

All I'm saying is that this team doesn't seize the moment.

Archived