Jones optioned

Pushmonkey

1 minute ago, Pushmonkey said:

I guess ummm the os are done with his observation and evaluating?!??!  I can’t explain this? Can anyone explain this rationale?

Could be they are going to bring up a catcher for the Boston series because Pedro will be out a couple more days but not long enough to go on the IL.   And they felt he was the most expendable.  He has been getting very little playing time of late.

So he scored the winning run to beat the Yankees and they told him to just keep on running to Norfolk.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

Could be they are going to bring up a catcher for the Boston series because Pedro will be out a couple more days but not long enough to go on the IL.   And they felt he was the most expendable.  He has been getting very little playing time of late.

So he scored the winning run to beat the Yankees and they told him to just keep on running to Norfolk.

I guess so, this does make the most sense. 

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

Wish it would be Adley Rutschman then I would watch every game closely. I know, I know service time clock so it's not happening and my brain knows it's the right call to wait. 

4 minutes ago, SteveA said:

That makes the most sense. Someone is going on the 60 day IL then.

After looking, Tanner is the only player on the 10 day IL.

4 minutes ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

He sucks. But I am sure Elias and his eye for talent can’t be wrong. 

Small sample size. What does the last month hurt running him out there. Evaluating is what should be done now,or at least that’s why Elis and Hyde say it is. If he sucks then cut bait on him. But sending him to the minors doesn’t make sense 

Just now, Pushmonkey said:

Small sample size. What does the last month hurt running him out there. Evaluating is what should be done now,or at least that’s why Elis and Hyde say it is. If he sucks then cut bait on him. But sending him to the minors doesn’t make sense 

He isn’t Mark Reynolds at 3b bad, but when you are below the Mendoza line and not hacking it defensively at 2b, your future isn’t bright. He needs an off-season training plan.

• Upvote 1

I think the answer is just as they saw what they wanted to see to determine What they wanted to determine. There’s no reason to option him, however, unless there’s somebody better who also need some ABs, and I don’t know who that would be. He can’t hit and he can’t defend, that doesn’t leave much.

Edited by Philip
Typo

33 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I think it’s as simple as we lost a SS option and Urias and Gutierrez are playing 2B and 3B. So Jones wasn’t needed. So might as well have him play in Norfolk rather than right the pine. Plus we do likely need to add a catcher. We’ll see what organizational catcher gets a cup of coffee. 

Nick Cuiffo is my guess, due to him being on the Taxi Squad since Wynns was promoted.

• Like 1