Luis Hernandez

Moose Milligan

Would those games even be one run games without Tejada's offense?

There were plenty of chances for Tejada to do something offensively about those one run losses and as a whole he was disappointing at least thus far in this season.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's retarded. Flat out ridonkolously stupid. This team has lost an incredible amount of one run games. They need OFFENSE. You're actively and knowing weakening the offense!

That's over the top. The guy is talking about replacing Gibbons with Hernandez offensively. It's questionable whether Hernandez' defense (v his poor offense) saves more runs than Gibbons offense (v his poor defense) scores. It's certainly not in the 'retarded' no doubt ball park.

That's over the top. The guy is talking about replacing Gibbons with Hernandez offensively. It's questionable whether Hernandez' defense (v his poor offense) saves more runs than Gibbons offense (v his poor defense) scores. It's certainly not in the 'retarded' no doubt ball park.

He wasn't talking Gibbons there, he was talking Tejada. Biiiiig difference.

There were plenty of chances for Tejada to do something offensively about those one run losses and as a whole he was disappointing at least thus far in this season.

Well that said I wish Gibbons, Huff, CPat, Payton, and Ramon were as "dissapointing" as Tejada has been.

He wasn't talking Gibbons there, he was talking Tejada. Biiiiig difference.

OK well my understanding is that he was talking about moving Tejada to 3rd and somone else to LF, hence removing probably Gibbons bat for Hernandez glove.

OK well my understanding is that he was talking about moving Tejada to 3rd and somone else to LF, hence removing probably Gibbons bat for Hernandez glove.

Yeah, but the other problem inherent is that is that moving Tejada would effect his bat, if he's like pretty much every other player historically.

Yeah, but the other problem inherent is that is that moving Tejada would effect his bat, if he's like pretty much every other player historically.

Yeah, I'm not really trying to get into the who is right and wrong argument. I don't want Hernandez in the line up any day of the week. I just considered that a bit strong and thought it was ignoring some of what he was trying to say. I.e. that he wasn't actually advocating taking Tejada's bat out of the line up.

What do you attribute this too?

Tejada, Mora, and Markakis are playing better. Payton is a lot better than Conine and Fahey. It's really a pretty subtle thing. Their DE is like .710 now, was .680 or something last year. That means that out of 100 balls in play they get to three they didn't last year.

And that if the Orioles really, really wanted to, they could dig up a Jay Gibbons replacement that could actually hit in relatively short order, and improve the offense which is what we actually have a problem with

And I'm sure Luis Hernandez is going to be all the difference in the world with the bat in his hands :rolleyes:

I reeeeeeeally wanna break some board rules right now. Can I, Drungo? PLEEEEEAASE? :D

Drungo, is there any way we can find out how our team would be had Hernandez played all season? Maybe Im stretching the stat machine that you are so wonderful with, but it seems to me that we would have lost more games, and there would be less one run games. Not to mention, Im sure Tejada is better on both the basepaths and moving a player into scoring position.

We saw earlier how bad Fahey was at moving the runners from 1st to 2nd or 2nd to 3rd.

You're forgetting... Tejada isn't "clutch." :D

I've always hated that statement, so Im glad you brought it up. Jeter, Chipper Jones, Big Papi etc. wouldn't be considered "clutch" either if they had never had a stretch of playoff series.

I can't imagine how our team would if we messed around with what is right (Nick, Miggy, Brob) and put up random flash in the pan AAAA players.

Baffling.

But yeah, if Tejada was "clutch" we would probably be on Boston's heels by now....:D

Archived