2022 MLB Draft Discussion (Use this thread to discuss all picks, not Orioles picks)

1 minute ago, Just Regular said:

Trying to save Leiter's soul like Scherzer had to save Strasburg?

Too early for that, but I imagine they are hoping for some Vandy Boys juju.

I'm probably biased because I get so much Rangers coverage here, but I just don't have faith in that organization to do much of anything right.  I see them as the Colorado Rockies of the AL in terms of having no real organizational plan. 

• Upvote 1

The Rangers are crazy, but this just shows what can happen when you aren't allowed to trade first round picks.  If this were the NFL the Rangers could have traded back and still gotten Rocker.  If this is the guy they wanted, they had to pick him at 1:3 because he was unlikely to last until their next pick.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

Johnson seems like just a 1st rate kid on top of being a great hitter. Hopefully the Orioles didn't miss on him because he was short and probably a 2nd baseman. I'll root for him.

I’m glad we didn’t take him but you have to love this kid.  There may not be an easier player to root for than him, including the guy my favorite team took.  What a great kid.

• Upvote 1