Who is the Orioles 2021 #1 prospect?

Tony-OH

Who is the Orioles 2021 #1 prospect?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the Orioles 2021 #1 prospect?

• Grayson Rodriguez
    • Adley Rutschman

This poll is closed to new votes

I am as enthusiastic about Adley as anyone, and I agree that a position player has more daily impact than even the best pitcher, But the rarity of impact pitching, and our desperate need for anybody who can throw well, tipped the scales in his favor for me, and I see that three other people have also voted for Rodriguez, so I’m not the only one.

By the way, I know that once or twice a year, Toney and whoever has replaced Luke present us with the top 30 prospects, bit by bit. I was thinking it might be very interesting to go backwards. Instead of going from 1 to 30, why not go from 30 to 1? Everybody knows who the first floor guys are anyway, probably the first six, depending on where you want to put Heston(For me he has to get on a field, first.)

But the back 12 or so guys, those are some really interesting possibilities, so it just might be fun to consider going in reverse order.

Grayson is a great prospect and if he was going 6+ innings on a semi regular or regular basis (and still putting up dominant numbers) this past year, I think he really would have a chance to be ahead of Adley.  

But I don’t think his case is nearly strong enough.  Adley shouldn’t be ranked the #1 prospect in baseball imo but he is the #1 prospect on 29 teams, including the Os.