2022 International Signing Tracker

Thanks Tony! With so little real baseball news this is actually something interesting and exciting to follow.

I'm curious about when I see some of these guys who are linked to the Orioles, but they're not technically signed yet, already wearing Orioles gear (Jean Mata for example in the second video link). Are they working out at the Orioles facility so they're given gear, or is it they shook hands and said here's your swag, we'll make it official Jan 15? Or just completely random and teams just give out logoed stuff in the DR to keep their brand relevant

22 minutes ago, CharmCityHokie said:

Thanks Tony! With so little real baseball news this is actually something interesting and exciting to follow.

I'm curious about when I see some of these guys who are linked to the Orioles, but they're not technically signed yet, already wearing Orioles gear (Jean Mata for example in the second video link). Are they working out at the Orioles facility so they're given gear, or is it they shook hands and said here's your swag, we'll make it official Jan 15? Or just completely random and teams just give out logoed stuff in the DR to keep their brand relevant

Directly from an Orioles exec close to the situation.. "All of that is true. Amateur players are allowed a certain amount of days at teams complexes so some of the footage is there. Since they are players of interest they end up with much of every teams gear. Teams give out gear to players to make them feel good and also promotes the club in their home town."

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Directly from an Orioles exec close to the situation.. "All of that is true. Amateur players are allowed a certain amount of days at teams complexes so some of the footage is there. Since they are players of interest they end up with much of every teams gear. Teams give out gear to players to make them feel good and also promotes the club in their home town."

Thanks so much Tony! I know it was kind of a random inquiry but to hear the response from a team Exec is super cool! Really appreciate it!

11 minutes ago, CharmCityHokie said:

Thanks so much Tony! I know it was kind of a random inquiry but to hear the response from a team Exec is super cool! Really appreciate it!

No problem. There are certain people in the organization that are great in responding quickly for sure. It's great that they are giving fans some info when they are starving for it right now.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Mata is from Venezuela, Prieto from Cuba the rest are DR guys.

Can we infer from the fact that your source mentioned these specific players that they are considered among the highlights of this Orioles class?   

No pitchers identified yet, I note.  

Just now, Frobby said:

Can we infer from the fact that your source mentioned these specific players that they are considered among the highlights of this Orioles class?   

No pitchers identified yet, I note.  

Yes, these were the highlighted players of this class. I will get more info about them when they are officially signed.

• Thanks 1