2022 International Signing Tracker

9 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Interesting. I was looking at Urrutia and Alvarez, that was a different regime, but they essentially started right out in AA. Alvarez got is feet wet for 20ish games in RK and A ball first. I could see Prieto doing like 20-80-20 across A+/AA/AAA, then 20 games in the AFL, or a September call up. 

So when do we start to venture into the Asian market?  Are we still banned from South Korea, or was that just the previous regime?  Oh and the obvious… did HOU dabble in the Asian market?  

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

There's a scouting report and bonuses for all of the players now in the OP.

Unfortunately, when I try to access that page on my phone, the page gets hijacked to a plain black & white page that just has the thread title.   I get all the other pages of this thread, but not that one.  And that only started tonight.   I’ve had the same problem on two other threads.   It’s not related to the new host, because the first time it happened was before the switch.   

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Unfortunately, when I try to access that page on my phone, the page gets hijacked to a plain black & white page that just has the thread title.   I get all the other pages of this thread, but not that one.  And that only started tonight.   I’ve had the same problem on two other threads.   It’s not related to the new host, because the first time it happened was before the switch.   

You can't see the OP in this thread? I checked my phone and it looks fine. Wonder if this is an Iphone thing?

I get 6.3mm even for the numbers on the 25 guys Tony now has in OP.   The last two guys for 10K don't count, and believe our allotment was somewhere in the 6.2's.

The 6 out of 25 pitchers look like they got 385000 among them, about 6%.

MASN All Access YouTube now also has Koby's Zoom with the reporters up as well, and I thought whoever asked the compare/contrast Arias/Amparo (the two 600-650K shortstops) had thought up a good one, but the gist of his answer was "they are pretty similar".

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

The Orioles will sign Jean Carlos Martinez next week for $125k. He's an outfielder, big strong guy, really athletic. Paperwork issues, age issues scared off some teams, but cleared by MLB. Could be a steal for the bonus.

I found this on Perfect Game website.  Wonder if it's the same kid.

https://www.perfectgame.org/Players/Playerprofile.aspx?ID=674901

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

You can't see the OP in this thread? I checked my phone and it looks fine. Wonder if this is an Iphone thing?

It’s a my phone thing.   My wife’s IPhone accesses that page fine.   
The odd thing is, I get all the other pages in that thread.   There’s two other threads in the last few weeks where I had the same problem on one page of a thread.  It’s a puzzle.   I thought maybe the problem on the other threads would disappear when you changed hosts, but it didn’t.   

The video of Thomas Sosa shows a solidly built kid, maybe even stocky and a RH hitter yet he's compared physically to Gregory Polanco a tall and long limbed type of guy.  The printout of signees also shows Sosa as batting and throwing LH.  What's up?

52 minutes ago, Frobby said:

It’s a my phone thing.   My wife’s IPhone accesses that page fine.   
The odd thing is, I get all the other pages in that thread.   There’s two other threads in the last few weeks where I had the same problem on one page of a thread.  It’s a puzzle.   I thought maybe the problem on the other threads would disappear when you changed hosts, but it didn’t.   

I'm just taking a shot in the dark here (no pun intended).  Could each of the iphone be defaulting to a different browser?  e.g. one using Safari and the other using Chrome or other?

• Haha 1

Kudos to Kolby Perez. In three seasons he took us from a complete non competitive situation in the international market, and now he’s formed relationships, improved the facilities, landed some top 50 names, and formed relationships. It’s exciting, it almost feels like draft time. 

The question for the future is will we eventually land one of the top 10 guys that sign for like $3 million of our $6.2 million budget, or will we be risk adverse like how we are in the regular draft and not blow our pool on 1-2 guys?  We do have two DSL teams and two FCL teams. Since we don’t draft a lot of HS kids, we need the DSL to to produce players to fill out our FCL rosters. Strength in numbers.