Left field at OPACY going through a big change

Sports Guy

5 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Listening to the interview now and its obvious that this is a performance driven decision.

Well it wasnt because lightning struck the area and melted 1,000 seats and they decided to take them out rather than replace them in order to save tax payer money.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Orioles0615 said:

If you look at this that would give one of if not the deepest LFs in baseball. I think that would be to drastic and shortsighted 

t3DwYoI.png

I think it would be drastic and remarkably forward-looking.  Major League players outgrew current stadia 30 years ago.  It's long past time to start enforcing much longer fence distances.

3 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

I think it would be drastic and remarkably forward-looking.  Major League players outgrew current stadia 30 years ago.  It's long past time to start enforcing much longer fence distances.

Honestly it would solve a lot of baseball’s problems if they played at Polo Grounds type stadiums. 

2 minutes ago, waroriole said:

Honestly it would solve a lot of baseball’s problems if they played at Polo Grounds type stadiums. 

Except that the Polo Grounds were 275 to left and 257 to right.  Bobby Thompson's Shot Heard Round the World would probably not have reached the warning track at 2022 OPACY.

But, yes, from LC to RC the Polo Grounds were huge compared to any park today. Center was around 500' with the ~50' tall clubhouse in play.  Nobody ever hit it on the fly, much less cleared it.  I don't know that anyone hit it or the Eddie Grant memorial just in front of it on the roll.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

The same JJ Hardy that hit the Pesky Pole twice in one game?

I just wanted an excuse to mention that fact.  What a weird occurrence.

Those would not be out in the current OPACY or the new one.  Just saying.