Correa (Update, signs with Twins)

Yardball85

4 hours ago, DrinkinWithFermi said:

I read through the 90 or so user comments and only 2 or 3 had anything to do with the Orioles, we are basically invisible lol.

They just added Donaldson and IKF to their infield mix with LeMahieu, Torres, and Rizzo, and Stanton and the rest their aging vets will need their DH ABs, which doesn't seem to leave much room for another everyday player.

I think he ends up either returning to Houston or signing with Minnesota after Boston signs Story and they get desperate enough to meet his asking price with the savings from trading Donaldson.

This assumes that Boras is foolish enough to allow him to accept a massively front-loaded arrangement, which I do not think he is. Those 2031 dollars are going to be borderline worthless at the rate inflation is 

Yeah, I just saw it too. That’s a lot of money, but it’s a shorter contract length. I’d rather overpay for three years of good production instead of paying a slightly less AAV over the course of 10 years.

I’m curious if the O’s made any serious offer to Correa. With the amount of money involved it was probably a nonstarter. 

7 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I’m curious if the O’s made any serious offer to Correa

If Ramos's reporting about a 10 year, $320-360 million dollar offer from the Orioles is accurate, Correa is an idiot for not taking it (thank God).

But I suspect that no such offer was ever made (thank God).

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

We could have done this. I wouldn’t be pissed if this was some 10/400 deal but it’s not. 

idiots. But not surprising. 

I would not have given up a draft pick for 1 year (most likely) of Correa when we're going to lose at least 90 games this year with or without him.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, DrinkinWithFermi said:

If Ramos's reporting about a 10 year, $320-360 million dollar offer from the Orioles is accurate, Correa is an idiot for not taking it (thank God).

I don’t think that deal was ever on the table either. I remain unconvinced the Orioles would pay that high of AAV for a single player and sign a player for 10 years with opt outs. 

4 minutes ago, DrinkinWithFermi said:

Yeah, I don’t think that offer was ever made. 

if it was, just goes to show this isn’t a desirable place to play. 

2 minutes ago, DrinkinWithFermi said:

I would not have given up a draft pick for 1 year (most likely) of Correa when we're going to lose at least 90 games this year with or without him.

I can see it both ways. But whatever, what’s done is done. 

Guess we gotta wait to spend. If that day ever comes. 

5 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

just goes to show this isn’t a desirable place to play

Damned Confederate money...

4 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Guess we gotta wait to spend. If that day ever comes. 

Our payroll got up to like $160-180 million under DD, I don't see any real reason to think Elias won't get at least a similar level of financial commitment from ownership once our window is open and the talent pipeline is pumping.