Adley Rutschman 2022

Just Regular

I didn't see the interview, but I think we should  consider that Adley has an arm injury.  The one throw to second I saw was a throwing error.   He is supposed to have a gun.  It did not look like a gun on that throw.

Its only one throw,  we need to see much more.

10 hours ago, Frobby said:

I’m sure it was planned.   It’s pretty typical in the first rehab game or two.  MASN did a postgame interview with Adley and it wasn’t even mentioned.   Speaking of the interview, this young man is so positive.   If he’s feeling any frustration at all over his delayed debut in the majors, he’s doing a fantastic job of hiding any hint of it.   He just seemed genuinely happy to be playing baseball and being around teammates.   I’m sure it’s fun for the Aberdeen players to have him around for a few days, too.  

The interview was extremely impressive. He reminds me of Matt Damon lol. Just a well spoken affable guy who is so comfortable in his skin for his age. Or for any age even. I can't wait until he's here.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Frobby said:

Speaking of the interview, this young man is so positive.   If he’s feeling any frustration at all over his delayed debut in the majors, he’s doing a fantastic job of hiding any hint of it.   He just seemed genuinely happy to be playing baseball and being around teammates. 

That one thing consistent with Rutschman are the reports on his makeup and his interactions with everyone. He certainly seems like a well rounded young man and we all look forward to what he can do in the majors for the Orioles over the next 6-7 years..

6 hours ago, wildcard said:

I didn't see the interview, but I think we should  consider that Adley has an arm injury.  The one throw to second I saw was a throwing error.   He is supposed to have a gun.  It did not look like a gun on that throw.

It's worth keeping an eye on during his rehab for sure. 

6 hours ago, wildcard said:

If he was injured, we know very well he would not be playing in games. If he injured it on the throw, he probably would not have given that interview. He hasn't made a game throw in months. 

29 minutes ago, interloper said:

If he was injured, we know very well he would not be playing in games. If he injured it on the throw, he probably would not have given that interview. He hasn't made a game throw in months. 

justD said the throw was good but the 2B didn’t catch it.   I haven’t seen the play, so I don’t know.  It was scored an error on Rutschman.  

9 minutes ago, Frobby said:

justD said the throw was good but the 2B didn’t catch it.   I haven’t seen the play, so I don’t know.  It was scored an error on Rutschman.  

OK, who has milbtv.   wait.  Can you see 2nd base on the Aberdeen cameras?

• Haha 1

Just now, Hank Scorpio said:

I have it. Honestly you can, but it's weird. No announcers, also weird.

As an aside, the milb.tv subscription in general is a STEAL. I love it.

Agreed! I don't mind the non-broadcasters honestly, but I have to follow along on gameday on another monitor to know who's batting/pitching.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Aglets said:

OK, who has milbtv.   wait.  Can you see 2nd base on the Aberdeen cameras?

The throw went into CF on a bunch of hops.  It scared me as I watched it.  Good that he stayed in and batted again.  I can't believe there was not a conversation about possible injury in the dugout.

6 minutes ago, Filmstudy said:

The throw went into CF on a bunch of hops.  It scared me as I watched it.  Good that he stayed in and batted again.  I can't believe there was not a conversation about possible injury in the dugout.

Which inning was the error. I'd like to take a look. Thanks in advance. 

9 minutes ago, Filmstudy said:

Maybe it just slipped or he botched the transfer? It happens.