Adley Rutschman 2022

Just Regular

Maps has Nashville to St. Louis as 300 miles and Nashville to Norfolk as 700 miles.   Are the Tides flying or on a bus?   Are 11-hour rides needed developmental activities?

A 24-year-old can get himself four hours up the road in two days, right?   Coach doesn't have to have an exact headcount like coming home from road games in 10th grade.

There's this nice kid from Texas if he really needs somebody to drive with him.

57 minutes ago, Snutchy said:

Just hit by a pitch per the MiLB app. No game delay due to injury so here’s hoping. 

It just brushed his left upper arm, where he also had some padding, while batting RH. No issue at all. 

Later, dug out a low throw from Martin which he bobbled a bit then got control of in time for the out (playing 1B tonite)

• Upvote 3

On 5/5/2022 at 7:49 PM, Frobby said:

Last year attendance was restricted to 25% capacity until June 1.   It probably didn’t matter much, but it certainly cost them a much bigger crowd on Opening Day.  

Now it's restricted to 25% capacity by people not wanting to watch a sucky team in cold weather.

Ben in the broadcast just teased "Get your tickets for the Yankees series, it might be something special".

The one last polishing service I suppose this week is making sure DL Hall knows what to do at the end of an inning in a AAA game.

If Gunnar forced himself to AAA soon, you could almost squint and see everyone really important to the Early Adley teams in AAA or the Show.

Another throw that was off line and in the dirt short. 

Thing is, I always heard, in prior seasons, how great he was at throwing guys out at 2B but never saw anything except these types of throws.  People assured me he was always great at it, but over and over this is what I’d see. 

I remember Wieters being able to hit that target just to the right of the bag down low, Hardy or Schoop bringing their glove in and boom, slamming it down to tag the runner.  Wieters was so good at repeating this.  Maybe I just got spoiled. 

On the pregame show tonight, Jonathan Mayo did a segment promoting Thursday's "Minor League Game of the Month".

Report has it in addition to Grayson/Adley, Memphis scheduled to pitch Matthew Liberatore and will have Nolan Gorman in the lineup.

Free on MLB.tv without a subscription - lunchtime tomorrow.

https://www.mlb.com/orioles/news/pipeline-game-of-the-month-memphis-redbirds-vs-norfolk-tides?fbclid=IwAR16q2V2gFywA86C4munH38-Cq7JplAP0g2tYpdrK2wG1hbIz2NkWgFYlyo

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

On the pregame show tonight, Jonathan Mayo did a segment promoting Thursday's "Minor League Game of the Month".

Report has it in addition to Grayson/Adley, Memphis scheduled to pitch Matthew Liberatore and will have Nolan Gorman in the lineup.

Free on MLB.tv without a subscription - lunchtime tomorrow.

https://www.mlb.com/orioles/news/pipeline-game-of-the-month-memphis-redbirds-vs-norfolk-tides?fbclid=IwAR16q2V2gFywA86C4munH38-Cq7JplAP0g2tYpdrK2wG1hbIz2NkWgFYlyo

Thanks for the heads up.  Orioles tomorrow afternoon, too.  I don't know how much work will be getting done with two games on at once.