Kyle Bradish 2022

Tony-OH

On 4/17/2022 at 11:18 AM, Can_of_corn said:

Sure glad he didn't have to throw 70 pitches.

Means threw 70 pitches once and look what happened to him.

Be happy that he isn't on the IL for frostbite! That game was 30 degrees with the windchill and snow flurries! I'm surprised he could grip the ball!!

5 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Be happy that he isn't on the IL for frostbite! That game was 30 degrees with the windchill and snow flurries! I'm surprised he could grip the ball!!

I'm glad he got the experience!

I have wondered if some of keeping Hall in Florida instead of with Bowie was to keep him out of the cold.   (I also kind of imagine the Driveline pitch labs it is always 70 degrees and indoor air.)

Fun fact - when guys start MLB night games in April as rotation regulars, it might be cold and windy.   I guess we can control that somewhat this year.

• Upvote 1

He’s given up 3 walks in 15 innings. Dating back to his last start in august, he’s been walking less than 2 per 9 innings. That’s not a huge sample size, but he’s clearly worked on cutting down on the walks. You don’t make such a dramatic statistical improvement accidentally. I’m really going to start becoming agitated if he doesn’t get the call soon. The biggest knock on him is his command and whether he could get his walks down from his 4.7 per nine. That’s been my primary criticism. He’s proven that he can. We’re supposed to be developing these guys, and I don’t see him continuing to develop by beating up on AAA guys. Just like he was doing with AA guys early last season, he’s overmatching this level. Promote the man. 

4 minutes ago, waroriole said:

There’s no need for him to pitch in Norfolk next week. Thanks to Watkins or Ellis. They’ve filled in well, but it’s time to bring up Bradish and Grayson. 

I definitely agree.  Bradish pitched 6 innings, what else does he have to show.  With modern baseball, most teams are quite happy w/ 5 good innings and 6 innings is overperforming.  Not sure who should go.  Obviously Lyles and Zimmerman have spots.  I believe Wells should get another few starts to show what he has.  I would think Ellis and Watkins are on the hot seat. 

10 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

I definitely agree.  Bradish pitched 6 innings, what else does he have to show.  With modern baseball, most teams are quite happy w/ 5 good innings and 6 innings is overperforming.  Not sure who should go.  Obviously Lyles and Zimmerman have spots.  I believe Wells should get another few starts to show what he has.  I would think Ellis and Watkins are on the hot seat. 

They both pitched well this week, so they probably don’t get sent down until they falter.   

24 minutes ago, Frobby said:

They both pitched well this week, so they probably don’t get sent down until they falter.   

If Elias isn't going to let what's happening at the big league club effect when he chooses to promote certain players, I don't see why two journeymen starters need to play their way out of the rotation for someone like Bradish to get his chance. 

You can't have it both ways. 

1 minute ago, ChuckS said:

If Elias isn't going to let what's happening at the big league club effect when he chooses to promote certain players, I don't see why two journeymen starters need to play their way out of the rotation for someone like Bradish to get his chance. 

But if they keep pitching well maybe you can flip one for a 17 year old Dominican.

That's way more important than Bradish getting time in the majors.

86 pitches 1 BB in 6 innings. Its a matter of when the O's want to call him up at this point. Bradish is forcing his way up. My guess is Ellis is going to lose his rotation spot within a week or two (or three) and then Watkins or Wells-whoever is struggling the most whenever they decide Grod has had enough time in Norfolk.

21 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

But if they keep pitching well maybe you can flip one for a 17 year old Dominican.

That's way more important than Bradish getting time in the majors.

As ridiculous as it is and could potentially get, the sensible part of me finds it hard to believe that they keep a 25 year old Kyle Bradish down in Norfolk much longer.  

I think that either his next start is in Baltimore or he gets just one more in Norfolk.  They don't just let anyone pitch into the sixth inning after all!

16 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Sure he can.