DL Hall 2022

Tony-OH

3 hours ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

But currently has a 6+ era. I think it’s inevitable he’s our future closer and not a starter. 

He holds his velocity well for at least several innings. Control will be an issue even as a closer. Probably helpful to remember that between covid and injury he's pitched very few real baseball games in the last couple years, and power pitchers tend to take longer to develop control anyways 

23 minutes ago, seak05 said:

He holds his velocity well for at least several innings. Control will be an issue even as a closer. Probably helpful to remember that between covid and injury he's pitched very few real baseball games in the last couple years, and power pitchers tend to take longer to develop control anyways 

Excellent point indeed!

Hall really is the "Exceeds Expectations" piece in Elias' 2022 fan service report card.

Grayson's sometime in the next couple few turns, no matter how brilliant Gunnar is this summer, I very likely know what the score is, though hoping to be wrong as always.

I believe Elias' 100-inning goal but don't have a good sense of whether it is going to unroll 75/25 one way or the other.

1 minute ago, Going Underground said:

62 pitches in 3 innings .Need to get his pitch count down a little, unless Orioles use him as an opener 

If they are throwing zeros and striking guys out I don't care if they can go deep.

My guess is it is like it was in the lower minors for Hall, the hitters know they don't have a chance so they are just trying to prolong the at bats.