Delmarva Shorebirds "break camp" roster

MurphDogg

Might as well post this one too. With the Orioles favoring college players in the draft and most of the high profile international signings not yet ready for prime time, this is the least prospect laden of the full season rosters.

Only Deson and Rangel cracked the OH top 30 and the top 50 adds only Hernaiz.

Just now, ChuckS said:

Pretty shocked to see Hernaiz repeating Delmarva.  Didn't light the league on fire, but held his own their last year. 

Lots of international picks on this roster.  Will be interesting to see what they can do. 

The Bowie and Aberdeen IFs are pretty full. 

1 hour ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Once Heston heals, I expect him there. Dan Hammer might move up, but is probably still recovering from injuries (I think TJ last season?)

You don't think he starts at Aberdeen? I guess I could see him getting the Adley tour of Delmarva, but he certainly shouldn't spend much time there.

Nobody else on Delmarva's roster spent any time in big league camp.

Ideally he should split the season between Aberdeen and Bowie based on his draft stock.

14 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Where is Carter Baumler?  Leaving him in Sarasota to rehab?  Thought he was healthy. 

My guess is, since they will be limiting his innings pretty severely, they elected to hold him back a while.   

2 hours ago, MurphDogg said:

You don't think he starts at Aberdeen? I guess I could see him getting the Adley tour of Delmarva, but he certainly shouldn't spend much time there.

Nobody else on Delmarva's roster spent any time in big league camp.

Ideally he should split the season between Aberdeen and Bowie based on his draft stock.

I think they slow him down a little. He probably starts in Delmarva to get some work and then if he shows he can handle it, goes to Aberdeen after a month.

Creed Wilem and  Baumler not making a full season club if healthy drops their prospect rankings. That's very unfortunate. Even if you are monitoring innings you don't leave a guy like Baumler there if he's what he's supposed to be.

6 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Creed Wilem and  Baumler not making a full season club if healthy drops their prospect rankings. That's very unfortunate. Even if you are monitoring innings you don't leave a guy like Baumler there if he's what he's supposed to be.

Per Melewski, "Pitcher Carter Baumler, who will likely join Delmarva, is still building up innings at extended spring training. He is fully healthy."

https://www.masnsports.com/steve-melewski/2022/04/more-os-minor-league-break-camp-roster-information.html

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, bobmc said:

Per Melewski, "Pitcher Carter Baumler, who will likely join Delmarva, is still building up innings at extended spring training. He is fully healthy."

https://www.masnsports.com/steve-melewski/2022/04/more-os-minor-league-break-camp-roster-information.html

They are doing the same thing with him as with DL Hall.   They don’t want him reaching his innings limit for the year in early July.   Makes sense to me.

As to Willems, I think he’s a bit raw and always assumed he’d start in the FCL.   But let’s see where he finishes.  

7 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Seems to reflect more on Willems than Baumler based on what they're doing with other highly touted pitchers.

I have a feeling that they're rebuilding Willem's swing a bit. Just a gut feeling. They loved the EVs but the swing might not be conducive to hitting better pitching.