Tuesday 4/5 vs Blue Jays in Dunedin

SteveA

A battle of 2021 rookies, Tyler Wells vs Alek Manoah, the jackass who intentionally threw at Maikel Franco after giving up a couple HRs last year.

Austin Hays back in the lineup after paternity leave.   Jorge Mateo back at short so I guess that stomach muscle is feeling better.

A day off for Cedric.

1. DJ Stewart (L) DH
2. Austin Hays (R) LF
3. Anthony Santander (S) RF
4. Trey Mancini (R) 1B
5. Jorge Mateo (R) SS
6. Ramon Urias (R) 2B
7. Kelvin Gutierrez (R) 3B
8. Chris Owings (R) CF
9. Jacob Nottingham (R) C

1. George Springer (R) CF
2. Bo Bichette (R) SS
3. Vladimir Guerrero Jr. (R) 1B
4. Teoscar Hernandez (R) DH
5. Lourdes Gurriel Jr. (R) LF
6. Matt Chapman (R) 3B
7. Raimel Tapia (L) RF
8. Danny Jansen (R) C
9. Santiago Espinal (R) 2B

In the 3rd Well gives up a double and a walk  then gets Bichette to fly out and Vlad to hit into a double play.  FB 93-94.  Had trouble throwing the slider for strikes.   9 pitches,   41 total after 3.

When 2.2 IP last outing so he is already at his longest outing for the spring.

7 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Lakins is charged with two runs on three singles that did not get out of the infield.  One to 2B, one to 3B and one to 1B.  And a walk.

BJ 2,  O's 1 after 5 IP.

I'm assuming from this that Lakins line looks much worse than he actually pitched.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• This is why it’s smart to wait until closer to the trade deadline to buy bullpen help. It may be more expensive, but you have a much better idea of what kind of pitcher you’re trading for and what help you need. Relief pitchers are just so volatile from year to year. If we would have tried to trade for Scott during the offseason, we would have had to overpay thinking he could be the same guy as last year, and then we’d be really disappointed with the way he’s pitched so far this year. I enjoy all of these different trade scenarios, but I’d have to see a relief pitcher pitch well this year before I’d be willing to give up anything close to Povich. Povich himself could end up being the help we need in the bullpen later in the season. 
    • DirtyBird is just a troll. Read his comment history. Nothing of value has ever been offered to a discussion. Facebook/twitter level responses. 
    • O’Hean said as much to Roch a few weeks back.   “When it’s mentioned that O’Hearn’s numbers against left-handers aren’t strong, with a career .171/.244/.297 line and five home runs in 194 plate appearances, O’Hearn says, “My career numbers overall aren’t great. Not just against lefties.”” https://www.masnsports.com/blog/this-that-and-the-other-1-52#:~:text=297 line and five home,last year%2C” he said.
    • Jones isn't in it yet, right? Jones should be in before either of those two. Frankly, he probably should have been in before Markakis.
    • The thing I don't like about Cano's fielding is that sometimes when he fields balls, usually little dribblers beyond the catcher's range, and then throws off-balance, I respond instinctively by saying (aloud or to myself) "Don't throw it" because there seems to be no chance for an out. But he swoops in, makes an accurate 90 MPH throw, and gets the out. So I have to confront the fact that I was wrong and unable to update my split-second reaction by realizing it's a play I've seen Cano make. I don't like that. The guy's amazing.
    • Your comment was a bit obtuse. I’m not saying Hyde manages to win every game. On the contrary, I don’t think he does. Over time, it doesn’t matter, if the team is good enough.  In a 162 game season, the following happens: good decisions fail, bad decisions succeed, and an excellent team will tend to overcome the former and maximize the latter. it is entirely possible, on a game by game basis and in hindsight, to pinpoint a given decision and say it lost or won the game, but a good team, especially an excellent team, will overcome that and succeed anyway. Royals Review constantly complained about Ned Yost’s managing,so much they coined a term for a stupid decision: “Yosted.” And the Royals were constantly being “Yosted” during games. But the ‘14-15 team was so good anyway they went to two WS and won one. Given a good enough team, bad decisions will be overcome. And we have a good team.
    • The velocity has improved, up to 95 now. They still only want to use him in short stints. Sweeper/slider is his goto pitch. His change can be ok at times against lefties.
  • Popular Contributors