Grayson Rodriguez 2022

justD

3 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

With millions worth of prospects I would hope the O's would have rehab/strength and conditioning people at least at Bowie and Norfolk.  I'm assuming I'll be very disappointed to know the truth. 

Pitchers get hurt. The Tigers should know with perhaps their three best pitching prospects hurt I think Macphail said when he was GM on all the Oriole pitching prospects. One might become a TOR guy. One an average starter.One will fail and one or two would get hurt.

I think the important thing is that we speculate, panic, and assume that the end is nigh........all before we have the final test results in.

Here is hoping it was more of a spasm related to dehydration and it is more easily fixed.

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Aglets said:

I think the important thing is that we speculate, panic, and assume that the end is nigh........all before we have the final test results in.

Here is hoping it was more of a spasm related to dehydration and it is more easily fixed.

It's unbelievably incompetent that they haven't already scheduled the Tommy John surgery.  Of course he'll never be the same, he'll be lucky to end up with Brian Matusz' career.  The rebuild has officially been derailed, Elias is weeks from being fired, and it's a near certainty that the Orioles will move to Nashville and OPACY will look like a post-apocalyptic wasteland full of rabid raccoons and the bodies of drug dealers by mid-2024.  That's the best-case scenario here.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

A lat tear seems like it would be very painful.  GrayRod didn't seem to be in pain.  I hope he just needs rest and rehab.  I would think you get surgery for a tear and not a strain.  I would think Richard Bleier had a tear.

A tear is a strain, a strain is a tear. You have levels of strain based on how much tearing takes place eg a a grade 3 strain is a complete to mostly complete tear

You can take this fwiw, Grayson Rodriguez is fine.  Heard from reputable source/s that he had some cramping and was fine post game without getting into specifics.  I was listening to post game show when I heard what happened and I started freaking out and a friend of mine, who is a podcaster, reached out to talk me off the ledge and assure me it is nothing.  

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, atom_25 said:

You can take this fwiw, Grayson Rodriguez is fine.  Heard from reputable source/s that he had some cramping and was fine post game without getting into specifics.  I was listening to post game show when I heard what happened and I started freaking out and a friend of mine, who is a podcaster, reached out to talk me off the ledge and assure me it is nothing.  

It’s been hot as hell here for several days. I’m sure they’re just being extra cautious given that he’s our prized pitching prospect.

Hopefully, this will be a wake up call for Elias and he’ll stop gaming service clock times, and realize these arms only have some many bullets in them. Let’s deal with the money issues in 2028. 

• Upvote 1