Jordan Westburg 2022

Just Regular

4 minutes ago, Gentile4 said:

Is there really a reason to leave him in Norfolk much longer when the 3B job is screaming for someone to claim it?

Well they're rarely playing Westburg at 3B in Norfolk. Thats one reason. I guess if situations call for desperate measures you do it but Im not sure Elias is there with Westburg/3B.

21 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

Since joining Norfolk, Westburg's breakdown is SS (7), 2B (5), 3B (1). Gunnar's is SS (8), 3B (6). Seems like 3B is not the plan for Westburg, but SS may still be possible. Why not try him at SS and let Mateo platoon with Odor at 2B? 

That works, too. Either way, Westburg is ready and he should be called up.

31 minutes ago, jabba72 said:

Well they're rarely playing Westburg at 3B in Norfolk. Thats one reason. I guess if situations call for desperate measures you do it but Im not sure Elias is there with Westburg/3B.

Good point. I was looking his overall breakdown for 2022, but now that he's at Norfolk it does appear 2B/SS is the plan for him. His bat seems ready wherever he plays.

Just now, interloper said:

So why wait any longer to bring him up? There's a clear need at 2B and 3B and Westburg has demolished AAA pitching. It's a relatively small sample but we are playing Arauz, Odor, Martin, and Nevin.

Demolishing AAA pitching for 3 weeks is not that significant a sample.   Hudson Haskin destroyed AA pitching for a month.  Since then he’s been less than mediocre.  Elias is patient with his prospects and I’m fine with it.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

6th HR last night in AAA. 1.106 OPS. 50 points higher than Gunnar. 

Today.   Gunnar was higher yesterday.  That’s the way it goes when you’re talking about less than a month’s worth of at bats.  However, when a guy has a 1.050 OPS and isn’t leading the team, that’s a good thing.  

• Like 1