Jordan Westburg 2022

Just Regular

1 minute ago, jabba72 said:

Im pretty sure AAA is wide open for infielders at the lower levels. Even Vavra I question as anything but a AAA depth piece in the majors. I do have hope for Nevin at 3B. But maybe im the only one.

What is it you see in Nevin but not Vavra?

Definitely see an infield of Westburg, Henderson, and maybe Vavra at AAA in the near future with:

Bowie -    3B Mayo  -  SS Ortiz  2B - Prieto

Aberdeen - 3B Hernaiz  SS Burns   2B Norby

Delmarva -  3B DeLeon   SS  ?     2B Romero

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, waroriole said:

What is it you see in Nevin but not Vavra?

The ability to stay on the field?   I’d love a healthy Vavra, but is there such a thing?

Nevin reminds me of Scott Moore and 100 other AAAA corner infielders I can think of.   But at least he stays on the field.  

4 minutes ago, jabba72 said:

Going by their hit tools I think Nevin has much more power potential. Defensively neither are plus and that hurts Vavra more, but just MO. 

Look at the last time Nevin slugged over .400 in the minors. I don’t see much power. 

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

The ability to stay on the field?   I’d love a healthy Vavra, but is there such a thing?

Nevin reminds me of Scott Moore and 100 other AAAA corner infielders I can think of.   But at least he stays on the field.  

I’d prefer he didn’t stay on the field. 

Just now, waroriole said:

Look at the last time Nevin slugged over .400 in the minors. I don’t see much power. 

I know his track record doesn't suggest a whole lot but he is OPS 919 this year in a park that doesn't favor hitters. To me Nevin just has more potential for a mlb career. If Vavra was seen as plus defensively at 2B that might change things alot. 

39 minutes ago, jabba72 said:

I know his track record doesn't suggest a whole lot but he is OPS 919 this year in a park that doesn't favor hitters. To me Nevin just has more potential for a mlb career. If Vavra was seen as plus defensively at 2B that might change things alot. 

Hopefully guys like Prieto, Henderson and Westburg will make Nevin and Vavra expendable.

9 hours ago, Frobby said:

I’d still like his BA to be about 30 points higher but .839 is certainly nothing to complain about.  

He had to dig out of a horrible .197 batting average in April, where he still managed a .754 OPS. He rebounded nicely in May (289/366/500/866).

I just noticed his reverse splits. His OPS against RH is .909 (142 AB), his OPS against LH is .524 (32 AB SSS).

• Upvote 1