The attendance thread 2022

Frobby

29 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Try it!!!

Biggest issue for drinks is not being able to take a cooler to keep them cool. I guess someone could jam some ice in a ziploc. 

Before I got rid of my season tickets ,the Orioles used to give out free ice on the really hot days.But who knows now,might be like getting ice in winter or is that a Led Zeppelin song?

1 hour ago, eddie83 said:

They should keep these prices or similar for all weekday games in April and September. Maybe even May. I know you have to protect your season ticket holders but it’s better to have 11-12K as opposed to 7k. 

There are other ways to protect the season ticket holders though.

1 hour ago, fansince1988 said:

Through the first 6 home games, the Orioles are outdrawing the Nationals by almost 5k per game (25,882 vs 21,039). It's been a number of years since that has happened. 

https://www.espn.com/mlb/attendance

A weekend series with the Yankees will do that.  I’m sure the Nats will outdraw us, though their attendance will probably drop.

1 hour ago, fansince1988 said:

Through the first 6 home games, the Orioles are outdrawing the Nationals by almost 5k per game (25,882 vs 21,039). It's been a number of years since that has happened. 

https://www.espn.com/mlb/attendance

Lot of interesting data here.  The Yankees series obviously was a boon and our avg attendance will go down significantly over time...but it is super neat to be neck-and-neck with the Rangers in their huge market and new billion dollar stadium.  Also awesome us to be out-drawing the White Sox and Twins, who are both in "win now" mode.

7 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Changing the time and two of the worst teams in the AL and this 

The Oakland A’s attendance today: 2,703. Lowest since 1980.

So much for the benefit of the A's being a mostly good team the last 20 years.  I would think the A's are going to be the first team to move.

6 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Our road attendance this year has been horrendous!

You should read some of the articles how they raised season ticket prices since 2019 to almost double. Plus did away with  the popular A's All Acess plan.Then basically gutted the team with the 1st or 2nd lowest payroll. Also threatening to move and an owner who barely talks 

2 hours ago, Going Underground said:

I guess if you're only going to have 3000 or 4000 fans per game, one way to maximize revenue is to get every dollar from them.  I think a better idea is to have dirt cheap seats like the O's have done.  The O's raising food prices drastically I guess maximizes the money they get from the fans who show up.

58 minutes ago, bobmc said:

There is a fan boycott in Oakland.  btw - I apologize for my comments on your game time thread yesterday - I was thinking you were referring to today's game.  😇

No apology needed. I confused myself,really easy, because I got the game time from a twitter account from the wrong coast.I can see the Athletics moving and blaming poor attendance.They really dislike their owner for not talking and not being honest.Sounds like someone  we know ,probably worse.

• Upvote 1