ESPN's Ravech: Teixeira has "enormous attraction to the Orioles" Close to signing

Tony-OH

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I do apologize, I didn't see where he was rude directly to our Red Sox friend...I still don't. Spewing venom and hatred at the Red Sox while he is on the board isn't being rude to him. Again, though, maybe I'm missing something.

I'm partial: I can't stand "Skankees" or "Red Sux" or whathaveyou. They're not clever. And - coming from a team with 11 straight losing seasons - it seems like sour grapes to use them. And, no, "spewing venom and hatred" isn't being rude, it's just useless. But who am I to judge anyone's pursuit of uselessness?

I'm not a mod. I'm just trying to apply normative pressure to establish my preferences as a baseline. Feel free to ignore it.

I know this is off topic, but I don't know where else to ask it:

Say I wrote a great post about TEX.. What are the qualifications to get rep? I see I have 4 points, how did I get them?

(I threw in the Tex reference to kind of make it on topic)

Go to User CP - in the black bar at the top of the page. It should show you what post got you rep. You won't see who repped you because you are not a plus member.

I know this is off topic, but I don't know where else to ask it:

Say I wrote a great post about TEX.. What are the qualifications to get rep? I see I have 4 points, how did I get them?

(I threw in the Tex reference to kind of make it on topic)

It is just individual preference. Anyone can give you rep if they like your post by clicking on the scale on the top right of the post. Hope this helps.

I'm partial: I can't stand "Skankees" or "Red Sux" or whathaveyou. They're not clever. And - coming from a team with 11 straight losing seasons - it seems like sour grapes to use them. And, no, "spewing venom and hatred" isn't being rude, it's just useless. But who am I to judge anyone's pursuit of uselessness?

I'm not a mod. I'm just trying to apply normative pressure to establish my preferences as a baseline. Feel free to ignore it.

They'll always be the "Sux" to me. I'm sorry but I hate the Red Sox with an extreme passion and always will.

I actually didn't see a disparaging post to incite that call for Politically correctness towards our Red Sox fan- so I agree with you there.. but I think we can agree- the guy has been pretty cool and for that- I give him props for showing a different version of the Red Sox fans we are used to dealing with at the Yard, or on the streets.

From my experiences, Red Sox fans at Fenway are 180 degrees from the fans we get at OPACY.

Archived