Orioles #2 in increased RSN viewership

Going Underground

I remember not too far back we were in the top five (in all of baseball) for RSN viewership. 

There is a loyal following of Orioles fans in the mid-Atlantic region.  We pull from all of Virginia, North Carolina, even West Virginia.  A lot of them (myself included) live too far away to go to games more than a couples times a year but they have always been turning on the TV.  It has always surprised me to see those numbers though. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Btw, i understand what he could mean to the team. He could put a ring on our fingers if he can be healthy and be there where and when we need him in October.    That’s the conundrum.
    • It’s just the up and down roles. I agree the opener aspect is the best way to go(to keep him on routine) but you are going to go from pitching 1-3 innings and then hoping he can go 5-6 again, when he is already likely to wear down because of the total workload. It’s all a big risk. I mean, there is a reason he has whatever deal with the WS he has and that if they went against that, he wanted an extension. Even he understands that it’s a risk.
    • You’re actually making the most sense of just about anyone on here.   Hate to say it.  Lol
    • If you use him as an opener, it’s not really “relieving”.  I guess I don’t get the issue.  If a pitcher gets hurt and misses a period of time, are you saying it’s risky to ramp him back up to a normal innings load?
    • Ah. So you can only get one pick per player? That’s a bummer. Reasonable, I suppose. But a bummer nonetheless 
    • It's true that this has been discussed, and there are differing schools of thought.  Some, like myself, feel that the resources required in a Crochet deal, might be better served addressing a more impactful need for 2024: a ToR starter.  As a starter beginning next season, it's likely Crochet's impact will be higher as a strong ToR starter through the final two years of control.  In the meantime, there are quite a few very solid veteran late inning relievers that we could deal for in order to satisfy that need, and that wouldn't require near the cost of a Crochet.
    • It makes sense to me for multiple reasons. 1) IMO we do not have the requisite pitching talent in order to matchup favorably against the leagues best in a 7 game series in October. That needs to change. 2) We don’t need extra offense IMO. Nor a back up catcher. We will be fine offensively if we don’t have one considering without both we are number one in the sport. 3) We could resign Burnes with that 50 million (not sure where you are getting that number). But so many here believe it will be a bad deal. And having another #1 in house protects us from having to be leveraged against signing him.
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now