2022 Ongoing Lineup Thread

OsFanSinceThe80s

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

That is exactly why I wouldn't be sitting him against LHP.

He needs reps against them, not consigned to the bench.

Is he going to learn how to hit LHP on the bench?

Point is he is hammering RHP after the LHP leave the game. He has been starting  every game but 2 and has played in every game. Not like he can’t play tonight. 

Edited by eddie83

34 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

The organization uses analytics for the draft, player development, roster construction, in game strategy and more. 

They use no analytics for making out the lineup. That’s what I’m suppose to believe. 

Who said that?

1 hour ago, spleen1015 said:

Earl wouldn't drop lineups like this when we need every win we can get. Earl would have made all of these guys play the last 2 months to give us the best chance.

No, actually McKenna and Aguilar are the types of players Earl would have played the splits  and home run games with.

Edited by LA2

2 hours ago, eddie83 said:

The organization uses analytics for the draft, player development, roster construction, in game strategy and more. 

They use no analytics for making out the lineup. That’s what I’m suppose to believe. 

1 hour ago, eddie83 said:

Some people are implying that Hyde is responsible for the lineup himself. 

Whoa eddie83, I was absolutely not trying to suggest that the O's do not use analytics in their line-up and overall game management.  Rather, I believe that Elias, Sig, and Co. provide Hyde and his coaching staff with significant analytical information daily, but that Hyde is ultimately responsible for handling the day to day managerial duties including making out the line-up, pinch hitting, etc.  Last night, when I questioned Hyde's use of Stowers against LHP after pinch hitting Aguilar for him, you seemed to suggest that Hyde's lineup and in-game management needed approval from Elias.  I disagreed, stating that I had previously heard an Elias interview where he stated that he and Hyde talk daily, but that Hyde was the manager (inferring that he was not micro-managing Hyde's managerial decisions).  

I do not want to speak out of place, but I think your take is that the only reasonable explanation for Stowers having just one plate appearance against LHP at this point in the season is that Elias must be directing it based on some advanced analytics model.  I do not think that's an unreasonable belief, but I think it's more likely that Hyde has autonomy over his line-up and that he has a preference for veterans and traditional lefty-righty match-ups, especially when the opposing LHP has really good numbers against left handed hitters. 

Edited by jdwilde1
Typo

7 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

2-20 from the “regulars.” Brutal approaches late in game. 

5-11 with a walk from the bums tonight. 
McKenna reached all 3 times, Aguilar 1-4, Nevin 1-2, Chirinos 1-3 with a HR. Enough. 

Yea I kind of lamented at the end of the game thread about being right about a guaranteed loss to Hill tonight but I didn't realize Hyde's AAA lineup ended up not being terrible. Problem was the regulars who were in there didn't do squat. Maybe he should have sat them instead of the rookies. 

Hays duplicating his DP from last night.. literally the same pitch approach fielder and result shows certain players on this team learn nothing.

This organization has to do something this off-season about teaching an approach against soft tossing and washed up lefties because they are just horrific. 

17 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Because running a draft is a full time job by itself.  On top of the hugely time intensive and stressful job of being a GM.

I don't agree with everything the man does but he's certainly got a work ethic that puts mine to shame.

Luckily for him he was already going grey before he took the job.

I know off topic.

Was wondering how you was coping with the floods from IAN?

I have family on the east coast, that have lost everything.

11 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

I know off topic.

Was wondering how you was coping with the floods from IAN?

I have family on the east coast, that have lost everything.

I just went for a couple mile walk.  No standing water, no trees down, no power lines down.  

The ground isn't even marshy at the fence line next door.

Sitting here chatting online, watching a Benedict Arnold documentary and getting paid for it.

So we got lucky.

Once lunch settles I'll go pick up the brush out in the yard.