Creed Willems 2022

Paul in Virginia

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Sure, but I’m sure his high school didn’t play six days a week.   

You are underestimating summer in Texas. If he played summer baseball, then he's dealt with incredible heat. I suspect he also played high school football in Texas...the summer and early "fall" practices are unimaginably hot. It's like living in a furnace even in September. 

Willems was pulled after the second inning after taking a pitch off his throwing hand on a slider in the dirt he was attempting to block. They stole four bases off him after the injury, none of which were really his fault and then he came out of the game.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Willems was pulled after the second inning after taking a pitch off his throwing hand on a slider in the dirt he was attempting to block. They stole four bases off him after the injury, none of which were really his fault and then he came out of the game.

I assume he was able to throw the ball on those attempts.    I would assume they took him out because it swelled up on him.  Doesn't sound like anything serious if he was able to throw the ball after it happened but what do I know.

32 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I didn't get to enjoy Frank's career as a 70's baby, but as a grown up felt some of who he is came through when he had this similar situation 16 years ago.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/bs-xpm-2006-05-27-0605270405-story.html

39 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Bummer.

I will say this. After a slow start, he really started to show some promise. I don't know quite how much, but it seemed like he belonged, at a minimum, after he was able to get his feet under him.

Hopefully this is a short set back and he can continue to develop. 

2 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

Bummer.

I will say this. After a slow start, he really started to show some promise. I don't know quite how much, but it seemed like he belonged, at a minimum, after he was able to get his feet under him.

Hopefully this is a short set back and he can continue to develop. 

Since they didn't immediately pull him I doubt it's serious.

On 5/18/2022 at 10:11 PM, MurphDogg said:

Threw out two more runners trying to steal second tonight as well, six total.

Very frustrating time with the sound on his other CS and the triple, but for now, here's a look (CS from his knees #1, 5/18)

• Thanks 1

On 5/15/2022 at 5:44 PM, interloper said:

I very much would like to see this triple. 😁

The triple from 5/15 was really poor video as far as showing him rounding the bases.  The triple from 5/18 was much better, tho I've got poor audio.  You get the idea tho. 

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, justD said:

The triple from 5/15 was really poor video as far as showing him rounding the bases.  The triple from 5/18 was much better, tho I've got poor audio.  You get the idea tho. 

He carries his weight pretty well. If he can keep it steady at where it is now, that should be ok I’d think. 

• Upvote 1