O's were contenders!!

wildcard

4 hours ago, wildcard said:

I know, I know.  You are going to say there he goes again but  ............ Look at the facts.

O's are 7-4 in May,  3 games behind the Blue Jays for the last Wild Card spot.

The O's play  three with the Tigers this weekend who are  2-10 in May. 

The Blue Jays are 3-7 in May.  They play the Rays who are  7-4 in May and they are playing in Tampa.

Conclusion:  The O's are 3 back in the Wild Card Race.   O's are playing a weaker team.  Blue  Jays are playing a team that is playing better than them at the moment.   O's have a decent chance to pick up ground this weekend.

O's are surging without Adley, Grayson, DL and Gunnar.   Just think about when those guys are added.

Maybe Elias should be BUYERS at the deadline. Top farm system amo, use it. Doesn’t need to be a huge trade but would send a positive message. Also quite curious if Elias can pull off a competent addition trade. 

58 minutes ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

Maybe Elias should be BUYERS at the deadline. Top farm system amo, use it. Doesn’t need to be a huge trade but would send a positive message. Also quite curious if Elias can pull off a competent addition trade. 

Some questions for Elias,

While Mountcastle is sidelined, why isn’t Diaz up play instead of Nevin/Bannon?  Diaz can play LF/RF and give Hays and Santander some DH time. 

Can we target another 3B option in a small trade?  I can live with Odor and Urias playing 2B and both occasionally starting at 2B and 3B, but Nevin and Bannon don’t do it for me. 

3 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

C'mon WC. You really think Shed Long is an answer to anything other than to the question "Who was the random hurt middle infielder Elias signed in the 2021/22 offseason?"

The guy has slashed .184/.250/.325/.575 the last two years.    

That is not the question I was responding to.  The question was "Anyone know of any 3B and 2B that have minor league opt outs?     The question was not is Shed Long a long term answer to anything.   When someone is is asking about minor league opt outs they are asking about long shots that might see some time in the majors.  If they get real, real lucky the guy turns into more than that.

Long had a nice minor league career with a 791 OPS.  That ended with an 812 OPS at AAA even if it was in the the PCL.   Than in his rookie year in 2019 he has a 787 OPS in 250 PAs in the majors.   He hurt his leg and it took two years and several surgeries to fix.  I am not sure its fixed yet but he has started to play.  Then got hit in the knee again the other day.

Will he amount to anything for the O's?  I don't know but if you are asking about minor league opt outs I think it was a good response to the question.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

While Mountcastle is sidelined, why isn’t Diaz up play instead of Nevin/Bannon?  Diaz can play LF/RF and give Hays and Santander some DH time. 

Can we target another 3B option in a small trade?  I can live with Odor and Urias playing 2B and both occasionally starting at 2B and 3B, but Nevin and Bannon don’t do it for me. 

Diaz looks good. Just got back though so I bet they give him more time but agree 100%.

20 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I think Nevin earned his call up while Diaz has missed time with  an injury again this year.   If Diaz stays healthy I think we will see him.

I have no idea why Bannon got the promotion.

1 hour ago, Chelsea_Phil said:

I refuse to get even remotely excited until this team can defeat Tampa Bay more than once every 20 games.  That bugaboo will kill us if it is not set straight ASAP,

This is a skip ahead, but one I have been thinking about as well.   This weekend I want to see if we can outplay these Tigers who are "supposed" to be ahead of us.   Then the Yankees who we intermittently counter well.

Adley himself can hopefully contribute to start changing the narrative how his team competes with Wander's team.   Bonus points if he can bring a friend.

41 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Interloper is way smarter than I am.  He doesn't climb out on the limbs that I do.

I like you both, but just love to josh you guys on your extreme positivity. Anyone who can be an Orioles fan with that kind of positivity has something I don't. lol

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I think Nevin earned his call up while Diaz has missed time with  an injury again this year.   If Diaz stays healthy I think we will see him.

I have no idea why Bannon got the promotion.

Maybe Urias has something more serious that a stomach illness.  That could explain the slow start. That could explain the Cano rumor(someone will flip the f out). 

It’s criminal what we’re trotting out that at 2nd and 3rd. We’re in year 4 of Elias and 6/9 starters are from the previous regime. 🤔 Elias has shown that he can lose, draft high, and pull off some slick trades while selling. Can he pull off a slick move to buy to fill a hole?