O's were contenders!!

wildcard

1 hour ago, wildcard said:

I think Nevin earned his call up while Diaz has missed time with  an injury again this year.   If Diaz stays healthy I think we will see him.

I have no idea why Bannon got the promotion.

I'd much rather see Nevin get the bulk of the starts at 3B from now on. Bannons.748 OPS in Norfolk and 5-8 frame doesn't inspire alot of confidence going forward. Bannon did play with an edge to his game yesterday so theres that.

14 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

I like you both, but just love to josh you guys on your extreme positivity. Anyone who can be an Orioles fan with that kind of positivity has something I don't. lol

Tony, Anyone who has built what you have built during all the bad O's seasonS is very positive.

3 hours ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

Maybe Elias should be BUYERS at the deadline. Top farm system amo, use it. Doesn’t need to be a huge trade but would send a positive message. Also quite curious if Elias can pull off a competent addition trade. 

Doing that, or at least trying to do that, would be consistent with what I'd regard as the usual way to improve a rebuilding team.

But it's not gonna happen. The trade targets will be guys who make a lot more than $1 million a year. Elias has told us he doesn't much care how the Orioles do this year, so how does he justify (or get approval for) spending millions of additional dollars that will go, in part, to improving this year's team?

5 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

We shall see… it will be amazing if this team gets even to .500.   
I do think it would take that or better for Elias to consider adding any expensive free agents this winter …more likely, not until the 2023 winter 

He said in the Post  that the Orioles are a small market team and with Washington nearby that they will not be spending on free agents like they used too.

I think the way the Orioles attacked things prior to 2019 and before the Washington Nationals moved in, it was possible to be a huge-spending, free agent-oriented team,” Elias said, eyes glued to some up-and-comers playing catch in the Camden Yards outfield last week.

In those days, he said, the Orioles could skimp on international investments or even player development and make up for it with a big signing here and there. But with the Nationals nearby, a small market and “a division with three other beasts and arguably the best-run franchise in the sport for the last 14 years,” he said, “we are going to need to have an internal pipeline that is thriving at all times.”

10 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

He said in the Post  that the Orioles are a small market team and with Washington nearby that they will not be spending on free agents like they used too.

I think the way the Orioles attacked things prior to 2019 and before the Washington Nationals moved in, it was possible to be a huge-spending, free agent-oriented team,” Elias said, eyes glued to some up-and-comers playing catch in the Camden Yards outfield last week.

In those days, he said, the Orioles could skimp on international investments or even player development and make up for it with a big signing here and there. But with the Nationals nearby, a small market, ownership that's focused on cutting payroll to the bone in order to  keep making a nice profit regardless of whether their remaining fans buy tickets to watch a terrible team,  and “a division with three other beasts and arguably the best-run franchise in the sport for the last 14 years,” he said, “we are going to need to have an internal pipeline that is thriving at all times.”

This somehow got dropped from the original statement.  🙂

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, wildcard said:

Tony, Anyone who has built what you have built during all the bad O's season is very positive.

Or a glutton for punishment! lol..

Considering how much the organization cares, I probably wasted a lot of time!

O's didn't lose any ground with the Blue Jays losing.  Its going to be tough with Hays and Mountcastle out.    Adley may help this coming week.   If Hays is only  out a couple of days the O's could recover.  But will he be able to stay hot with the  injury.  

We will see.