Adley is in the Show!

Sports Guy

8 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Crispy.  On a sandwich with XWORYE, XWOTOMATO, XWOLETTUCE and some WOBAMAYO and WOBAMUSTARD.  Delicious.

Didn’t Garrison Keillor write a book  called “XWOBACON Days?”   Where all the player stats are above average?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

I’m going to say, I think his rapport with the pitchers is really warming up too.  First few games when he went over to greet the pitchers after an inning, I could see them kind of humoring him but not really into it.  But more and more I see them getting pumped up.   I loved the way he kind of threw his arm around Akin’s shoulders after he finished off last night’s game.  Chirinos also has a good rapport with the pitchers and it’s nice to see.

I agree 100%.  I met a guy from Oregon last night that came up just to watch Rutschman.  To paraphrase, he said that he had been following him since OSU and talked about how his enthusiasm and the way he interacts with his pitchers has always been one of his key attributes. 

There was a section of roughly 40-60 people, maybe more along the 3rd base line, many wearing what looked like custom Adley shirts last night.  Hope they're there again tonight - I'll be sitting closer to that section tonight and might chat them up if I get the chance.

• Upvote 3

I'm very much into this idea of a mid-low BA/high OBP/high SLG player that Adley is currently presenting himself as. Just slug and get on base, baby. That's what I want him to do in the middle of the lineup.

I'll be honest - I've never loved his swing? But for as big as it looks, it's still pretty compact, and he makes contact. He's not up there swinging hard and whiffing. 

16 minutes ago, interloper said:

I'm very much into this idea of a mid-low BA/high OBP/high SLG player that Adley is currently presenting himself as. Just slug and get on base, baby. That's what I want him to do in the middle of the lineup.

I'll be honest - I've never loved his swing? But for as big as it looks, it's still pretty compact, and he makes contact. He's not up there swinging hard and whiffing. 

Is it me, or is his bat kind of short for a guy his size?

I don’t expect a low BA from Adley.  He’s too selective and he strikes out too infrequently to have a low BA for long.  I think he’ll be good for .270 at least, and maybe a good bit higher.  

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Is it me, or is his bat kind of short for a guy his size?

I don’t expect a low BA from Adley.  He’s too selective and he strikes out too infrequently to have a low BA for long.  I think he’ll be good for .270 at least, and maybe a good bit higher.  

He certainly has the plate discipline for a good BA so I hope you're right. I love his ABs... 

2 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Witt and Julio Rodriguez are free swingers.   Adley is going to have a significantly higher OPS than both by the end of the year.   He probably won't catch them in any of the counting stats.  Maybe home runs.

If he ends the year with the highest OPS though, he might have a chance.