Saturday, May 21: A new era in Orioles history begins

SteveA

Just now, Frobby said:

Just got home.  Heard Adley’s triple on the radio.   Melanie Newman’s call of it was truly awful.   She just stopped describing the play after Adley hit it.   

I've heard her do that before.   And I don't listen on the radio all that much anymore.   Often the 1st and part of the 2nd inning driving home from work.

There are plays where even after she's had time to go back and describe what happened, I don't have a clear understanding of what took place.

5 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Just got home.  Heard Adley’s triple on the radio.   Melanie Newman’s call of it was truly awful.   She just stopped describing the play after Adley hit it.   

I don't have MASN.She does that all the time.She is the worst She will spend three innings on the chain and who is wearing it.The game play  by play does not matter.

12 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

The Lord Baltimores (also called the Canaries or Yellow Stockings) -- you'd never guess their predominant uniform color -- joined the National Association in its second year, 1872. They lasted for three seasons. Baltimore was the sixth largest city in the U.S. The Washington Nationals disbanded after two years in the Association (1871-72), then returned for the Association's final year, 1875, as the Washington Blue Legs. When the National League began play in 1876, it did not have a team in either city.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, SteveA said:

I've heard her do that before.   And I don't listen on the radio all that much anymore.   Often the 1st and part of the 2nd inning driving home from work.

There are plays where even after she's had time to go back and describe what happened, I don't have a clear understanding of what took place.

Fred Manfra used to do it too.   

30 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

If the Orioles wanted an attendance boost from Adley's debut, they pretty much did the opposite of trying to attract a big crowd tonight. 

I thought for a while they might try to sneak him into the ballpark under an assumed name.

I wonder whether the Orioles have adjusted their staffing and facilities at the ballpark downwards to the point where it would be costly and difficult to have a big crowd for one night. They sure didn't seem to be tying to draw one.