DCab Stays Close. Signs One Year With Nationals

Elon Os Fan

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah if that is the case it doesn't make much sense.

Redding and Looper might be a bit better bet to stay a .5 or .75 run lower, but Cabrera has more upside than both of them combined, which should outweigh the difference in this case IMO.

UPSIDE? WADR Raven, what upside do you speak of? The only time I ever saw DCab control a pitch was at Jeter... or some Yankee I've forgotten. Started a beef. No brawl. :( I think Daniel served a suspension.

Release DCab, meanwhile we're looking at Looper and Redding, crappy NL pitchers who will get rocked in the AL East. That gets the rolly eyes...

True, but DCab ain't going to be the savior of that mess. Good riddance and hope that AM has better irons in the fire than all three, or 4 or 5... :P

Cabrera has the upside to go out and dominate a team on any given night. He has the upside to pitch like a CY contender for stretches at a time.

The others do not.

If the numbers are ultimately going to be similar, why not go with the upside?

He also has the biggest "downside" of any of those pitchers. He could string together stretches in which he might pitch 20 innings over 4-5 starts.

Apparently it's about one million less than we would have paid him. Personally, I'd rather have paid him than bring in someone like Redding. But that's just me. At least Cabrera has some upside. With Redding, it's a poor man's Steve Trachsel. :eektf:

Apparently it's about one million less than we would have paid him. Personally, I'd rather have paid him than bring in someone like Redding. But that's just me. At least Cabrera has some upside. With Redding, it's a poor man's Steve Trachsel. :eektf:

What upside? He never improved his control and last year his stuff really tailed off. Stick a fork in him.

I still think Daniel has great potential, and it was always a pleasure watching batters flinch every once in a while. But he never could hold a runner, not to save his life, and that's what was really tiring about watching him on the mound.

Archived