DCab Stays Close. Signs One Year With Nationals

Elon Os Fan

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Love how it states that the move "bolsters" their rotation...Teixeira doesn't want to follw Daniel Son, IMO.

Too bad if we knew the Nationals wanted Daniel maybe we could have traded him for Ryan Zimmerman!;):laughlol:

Oh, I know, I jest. I would gladly have settled for Willie Harris. He's a scrapper who I always hated they traded away for that lousy Chris Singleton.:(

Why would you let DCab go and then go out and try to sign Redding and Looper?

I agree with this, I wouldn't have minded keeping Cabrera around had I known we'd be in the market for pitchers like Redding. Truthfully though, I don't particularly care who is pitching there as long as they're gone whenever Matusz/Arrieta/Tillman are ready.

Lord knows with our luck, DCab will win 20 games this year, and win the Cy Young....

I know...

I don't he's worth us investing in any longer, but he definitely has the stuff to just take off and dominate. I'm shuddering in my boots that he doesn't live up to his potential.

Maybe the front office knows more about the extent of his injury than we do. He's a power pitcher, and if he can't regain his velocity, he has very little value.

I do agree that there really isn't much of a gain from the 1st half '08 Cabrera and Redding/Looper.

Because, (and I'm not looking at their stats, I'm too lazy right now) that those two aren't going to lead the league in walks.

They might not have the raw stuff that he has, but they're not putting batters on base at an unnecessary rate.

Arbitration and the realization that he's not a pitcher who wins games. I mean, he may pick up a win every now and then, but it's offset by the fact that for every game he wins, there are two games he completely takes us out of the game and wastes our bullpen.

The record for consecutive appearances with a strikeout is 12, set by Dean Chance back in 1965.

If Cabrera makes the team, there is a good chance it is broken.

Cabrera is currently 8 strikeouts in 8 plate appearances. He's 14 K in 14 PA over his career, but he had a sacrifice hit in a June 30, 2006 game.

Good luck to DCab. I remember one of the first (if not the first) games he pitched for the Os. It was against the White Sox in Chicago and I really thought he was going to be special. So disappointed it didn't work out for him here, because I think he's a good kid who works very hard. Hope he has success in D.C..

Archived