Hyde said that a starter from AAA would most likely be used Saturday in Boston.

Snutchy

10 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

If it were Rodriguez, the hype train would be started by now.

Hype train is still moving for Adley.Not sure the Grayson hype train has pulled into Camden Station yet Soon but Elias,the train conductor might not want to start that train till it can  go farther  Don't  want to tax the trains stuck in the bullpen yard 

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

Melanie Newman said on the radio the other day that the Os want to see GRod dominating AAA.  Now, I don’t know if she was talking out of her ass or if she was told that but if we go on the assumption that she was told that, how much better does he need to do than he already is?

He IS dominating. I think Rodriguez might be more ready than AR!  The time is now. 

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Frobby said:

Options from Norfolk on the 40-man roster: Baumann (last pitched 5/21), Hall (was due to pitch tonight but got rained out), Kremer (last pitched 5/24), Lowther  (last pitched 5/18), Reyes (last pitched 5/24).

Option not on the 40-man roster: Grayson Rodriguez (last pitched 5/22).

I think we can rule out Hall and Lowther. Kremer’s not built up yet.  I’ll go Reyes.   Baumann isn’t built up either and I just don’t see them debuting Rodriguez on the road.  

Baumann pitching after Hall,so both are out.

Grayson is lined up for Friday in AAA, but we've seen scratches all the time for future call ups. We will know tomorrow if it's going to be Rodriguez on Saturday because if it is, he will be scratched from his AAA and if not, he'll make the start. 

He should be the starter, he'll be on 5-days rest (if he doesn't start at AAA tomorrow). He's dominated AAA in 9 starts and doesn't really have anything left to prove at that level. But it won't be. And we all pretty much know that already. 

19 minutes ago, waroriole said:

Don’t we need 2 SP, since Watkins is out?

Lyles will be one of them, he went Monday, today's off day allows him to go Saturday on 4 days rest.

Now we do need a 5th (6th counting the extra guy Saturday) starter next Tuesday (31st, start of homestand vs Seattle).   And I think that is one day before Watkins is allowed to come off the IL.   So that is either a bullpen game, or another guy coming up from Norfolk.

The more I think about it, the more it makes sense to bring up some bum for one of the games in Boston as the 27th player.  Since we only have 4 starters on the active roster right now, we need one on Saturday in Boston, and then we need another Tuesday at home vs Seattle when we play our 6th game in 5 days.   The one that comes up Saturday will be an up-and-down, 1-day-on-the-roster as the 27th guy.   The one that comes up Tuesday could come up to stay.

But Tuesday doesn't line up well for G-Rod.   Maybe tomorrow night he only goes 2 or 3 innings?