Sulser optioned, Jones DFA’ed, more

Legend_Of_Joey

I was just thinking they might DFA Jones. Out of options this Fall, and he surely would not stick in the Spring coming off TJ. If they put him on the 60 day IL, he would have had to be paid the prorated portion of the $700K MLB minimum. And he really has not impressed enough to stay on the 40 man in 2022. 

5 minutes ago, Jammer7 said:

I was just thinking they might DFA Jones. Out of options this Fall, and he surely would not stick in the Spring coming off TJ. If they put him on the 60 day IL, he would have had to be paid the prorated portion of the $700K MLB minimum. And he really has not impressed enough to stay on the 40 man in 2022. 

Yep, def wasn’t a nugget. 

9 minutes ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

Yep, def wasn’t a nugget. 

Well, I still think he’ll hit. I doubt he can be a frontline 2B. He doesn’t have the power for an everyday corner OF. It’s unfortunate, but I hope he goes unclaimed and remains in the organization. The chances are good that he stays, unless another org wants to claim and then DFA him themselves. 

Just now, Jammer7 said:

Well, I still think he’ll hit. I doubt he can be a frontline 2B. He doesn’t have the power for an everyday corner OF. It’s unfortunate, but I hope he goes unclaimed and remains in the organization. The chances are good that he stays, unless another org wants to claim and then DFA him themselves. 

Agreed. 

The probable end of the whole frustrating Alex Cobb debacle. Cobb went 8-3 / 3.76 ERA in 18 starts for the Angels last year while we paid $10 million of his salary. He's made 7 starts for the Giants this year: no QSs and a 6+ ERA and at least we're finally off the hook.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LA2 said:

The probable end of the whole frustrating Alex Cobb debacle. Cobb went 8-3 / 3.76 ERA in 18 starts for the Angels last year while we paid $10 million of his salary. He's made 7 starts for the Giants this year: no QSs and a 6+ ERA and at least we're finally off the hook.

Yeah, the way I look at it, we got a decent former top 100 prospect in Jahmai and saved $5 million for him to pitch one year for the Angels. Jahmai may stick around and get outrighted, we’ll see.

4 minutes ago, Jammer7 said:

Yeah, the way I look at it, we got a decent former top 100 prospect in Jahmai and saved $5 million for him to pitch one year for the Angels. Jahmai may stick around and get outrighted, we’ll see.

Agreed. Jones may stick around, but the other infield prospects are zooming by him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LA2 said:

You think he’ll be claimed?   I don’t.  

2 hours ago, LA2 said:

The Cobb  trade was a salary dump. The Orioles saved a little more than 4 million and didn't want to win games until this year so it was a win-win in the Elias run Orioles.

36 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

The Cobb  trade was a salary dump. The Orioles saved a little more than 4 million and didn't want to win games until this year so it was a win-win in the Elias run Orioles.

Yes, it clearly was a salary dump. Was just referring to the fact that in the larger temporal framework, our plans with Cobb didn't bear fruit, just as with Jimenez and Gallardo before him.

• Upvote 1