The Westburg Theory

wildcard

1 hour ago, RZNJ said:

I think you'll see Westburg and Henderson promoted together but who knows when that will be.   If it happens this season look for Odor to get moved before it happens.   Of course, the Orioles could surprise me and move Mateo or both Mateo and Odor.    I'm envisioning an infield of Henderson 3B, Mateo SS, and Westburg 2B.

Yes, Please. Can I put a rush on that order?

Edited by Ridgway22
emphasis
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Another homer for Westburg last night in AAA. 13 HR for the year. Carrying a 1.200+ OPS in AAA in 11 games.

Westburg could come up before Gunnar. He’s 23 and Gunnar is 20. Plus it would give us time to evaluate Westburg at SS without worrying about rotating him with Gunnar. 

It's fun watching these guys go back and forth. Gunnar's numbers were better at Bowie, now Westburg is on fire at Norfolk (and Gunnar also doing great). Considering the body of work rather than small samples, I think the biggest argument in favor of Westburg earlier is age. Whichever comes first, you can bet the other will be not far behind.

• 3 weeks later...

Westburg isn’t literally attached to Gunnar and could come up now without him. Westburg is 2.5 years older and is still carrying a 1.000+ OPS in AAA. He could rotate in at SS and 3B after the ASB. 

I feel like Gunnar just turning 21 ties Westburg to AAA longer, when really Westburg is looking ready and there aren’t too many boxes left to be checked.