Some Os players will miss the Toronto series

Sports Guy

50 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Why do you think it would not be Chirinos?

If it were a C, I’m sure it’s him.  Saw someone say it’s required to be vaccinated in the minors.  Not sure if that’s true or not.

I just would love to see people squirm if Adley wasn’t vaccinated.  Everyone is so over the top as they stupidly slam these guys that I would love to see the reaction to Adley. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

If it were a C, I’m sure it’s him.  Saw someone say it’s required to be vaccinated in the minors.  Not sure if that’s true or not.

I just would love to see people squirm if Adley wasn’t vaccinated.  Everyone is so over the top as they stupidly slam these guys that I would love to see the reaction to Adley. 

I'm just sitting here laughing at the idea of Adley missing the Super 2 cutoff because he ends up getting docked service time over a lack of vaccination.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, seak05 said:

A catcher is always on the taxi squad

You are correct.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/bullpen/Taxi_squad

In 2020, it became an official part of the rules, as every team was asked to have three players not on their 30-man roster accompany the team at all times to serve as ready substitutes should a player be unavailable. That group, which had to include at least one catcher, was known as the taxi squad.

• Upvote 1

Not sure how update this is, so feel free to correct it if needed:

- For the Toronto series, any player(s) not vaccinated will go on the “Restricted List” and come off the 40. However, any player can replace them on the 40 and be sent back to the Minors after the series and taken off the 40 without the need for any DFA moves.

- Any pitcher who has thrown within 3 days of the Toronto series is ineligible for the list, as a method to keep a team from using this as a way to gain a fresh arm. *Note: I do not know if this applies to ALL pitchers or just a starting pitcher*

Should be interesting to see the moves.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm just sitting here laughing at the idea of Adley missing the Super 2 cutoff because he ends up getting docked service time over a lack of vaccination.

You guys need to be more productive with your brain energy...

https://twitter.com/MLBPipeline/status/1372315456430694401?s=20&t=bh_lC2hzd_bJKQQJMHRvoQ

Edited by yark14
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, yark14 said:

You guys need to be more productive with your brain energy...

https://twitter.com/MLBPipeline/status/1372315456430694401?s=20&t=bh_lC2hzd_bJKQQJMHRvoQ

I didn't say that I didn't think he was vaccinated.

I just said that I found the idea of a player missing the super 2 cut-off because they lost service time due to being unvaccinated amusing.

He seems like a sensible young man, I fully expect him to be vaccinated.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Not sure how update this is, so feel free to correct it if needed:

- For the Toronto series, any player(s) not vaccinated will go on the “Restricted List” and come off the 40. However, any player can replace them on the 40 and be sent back to the Minors after the series and taken off the 40 without the need for any DFA moves.

- Any pitcher who has thrown within 3 days of the Toronto series is ineligible for the list, as a method to keep a team from using this as a way to gain a fresh arm. *Note: I do not know if this applies to ALL pitchers or just a starting pitcher*

Should be interesting to see the moves.

So does that mean they can't bring up someone to replace Akin since he pitched today?

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

I didn't say that I didn't think he was vaccinated.

I just said that I found the idea of a player missing the super 2 cut-off because they lost service time due to being unvaccinated amusing.

He seems like a sensible young man, I fully expect him to be vaccinated.

He is no Captain Sensible but then he would be Damned