Angelos Family Fued

Going Underground

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

False.  Did you not see the barricade collapse last year, spilling fans out onto the Eagles players that were walking into the tunnel?  And the pipe that burst, spewing sewage all over fans?  

No, don't watch NFL. When last I was at FedEx for a concert I had simply noticed that the building had not obviously killed anyone.

2 hours ago, interloper said:

Yawn. Team not going anywhere. 

Not to pick a fight, but what is to prevent the new owner, if/when it’s sold, to move to greener pastures? While every other team went up in value, the O’s went down. That’s not good. 

Not to change the subject, but I did  Not want to create a new thread just for this, and don’t get mad at me, but I do frequent the Nats fan forum (the clubhouse), And people are commiserating about the bad luck they had with Stephen Strasburg, and how after signing a huge contract, they’re getting nothing out of it.  And they were saying that it’s the worst contract of all time. I corrected them and said no no no, the Chris Davis one is far worse than theirs. Am I wrong?

5 minutes ago, Chelsea_Phil said:

Not to change the subject, but I did  Not want to create a new thread just for this, and don’t get mad at me, but I do frequent the Nats fan forum (the clubhouse), And people are commiserating about the bad luck they had with Stephen Strasburg, and how after signing a huge contract, they’re getting nothing out of it.  And they were saying that it’s the worst contract of all time. I corrected them and said no no no, the Chris Davis one is far worse than theirs. Am I wrong?

Miguel Cabrera?

From 2017-2022 he's been worth -1.1 rWAR.  He signed for 8 yrs/$240M (16-23).  I'm assuming the options won't vest but I don't recall what the thresholds are.

3 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

If, somehow, the O's continue to go down in value after adding on-site gambling to OPACY sure.

After the Rays' and A's move and the lease is expired.

Expansion has been deferred for years (five? ten?) while the Rays and A's situations get resolved. That's likely to take precedence over any relocation. The Angeloses will have departed MLB long before then.

11 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Miguel Cabrera?

From 2017-2022 he's been worth -1.1 rWAR.  He signed for 8 yrs/$240M (16-23).  I'm assuming the options won't vest but I don't recall what the thresholds are.

Terrible contract but not nearly as bad as Davis’ and Strasburg’s.  Cabrera has a 112 OPS+ over the life of the contract so he’s at least provided something even though he’s basically been replacement level.  Also the 500th home run and 3000th hit are meaningful. Strasburg’s contract has a great chance to go down as the worst of all time. 

1 minute ago, ArtVanDelay said:

Terrible contract but not nearly as bad as Davis’ and Strasburg’s.  Cabrera has a 112 OPS+ over the life of the contract so he’s at least provided something even though he’s basically been replacement level.  Also the 500th home run and 3000th hit are meaningful. Strasburg’s contract has a great chance to go down as the worst of all time. 

It's so much more money than Davis, especially when you factor in the deferred money lowering the actual value of the Davis deal.

26 minutes ago, ArtVanDelay said:

Flags fly forever.  I don't think the Nats feel bad about Strasburg.  I would feel worse about Corbin.