Angelos Family Fued

Going Underground

4 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

I guess John and Georgia answered Lou's allegations.  John: O's not moving.  Georgia: Happy with leadership of John, and implied that Peter would be too.

I don't know that she implied that. She said that Peter gave her sole authority, and John is her choice for CEO. 

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

I'm not apologizing to anyone with the last name Angelos until they apologize for how badly they've botched this franchise.

There will never be a reason to apologize to anyone in that family.   Let someone else write the eulogies.

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

And if they desired the team to stay in Baltimore for perpetuity they could have signed a lease extension.

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

I’m sure they want to stay under the most favorable terms possible.   So, they’re using leverage to achieve that.  

Exactly, it took them 4 years to settle with fat, drunk, and stupid Ponson over the remainder of his contract.  Aren't they still wrangling over the 2016 portion of the MASN deal?   

Very safe assumption Chris Jones wrote Mrs. Angelos' statement.   It doesn't negate Louis' assertion that John may be manipulating their mother.   

47 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I don’t understand why Georgia even bothered to put out a statement.  John did already, and doing this today just breathes new life into the story.  

Disappointment in her son. You raise them,you love them,you put them through law school and then they sue you. 

Agreed ,how many statements do we need. Hold a presser and state your commitment to Baltimore and to making it a championship team. Stop going on the Oriole website with prepared statements.

Just now, Going Underground said:

Disappointment in her son. You raise them,you love them,you put them through law school and then they sue you. 

Agreed ,how many statements do we need. Hold a presser and state your commitment to Baltimore and to making it a championship team. Stop going on the Oriole website with prepared statements.

Sign a new lease, hold a presser.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Sign a new lease, hold a presser.

They are still working out the details.  It takes the Angelos family forever to do something. They were a nomadic Spring Training team for years.

After Rochester kicked them out for being a horribly run AAA team they were close to moving to Harrisburg but messed that up and ended up in Ottawa, baseball mecca. Finally ended up in Norfolk 

5 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

They are still working out the details.  It takes the Angelos family forever to do something. They were a nomadic Spring Training team for years.

After Rochester kicked them out for being a horribly run AAA team they were close to moving to Harrisburg but messed that up and ended up in Ottawa, baseball mecca. Finally ended up in Norfolk 

I knew a couple of folks in Norfolk that were not thrilled.

1 hour ago, TonySoprano said:

There will never be a reason to apologize to anyone in that family.   Let someone else write the eulogies.

Exactly, it took them 4 years to settle with fat, drunk, and stupid Ponson over the remainder of his contract.  Aren't they still wrangling over the 2016 portion of the MASN deal?   

Very safe assumption Chris Jones wrote Mrs. Angelos' statement.   It doesn't negate Louis' assertion that John may be manipulating their mother.   

Even praise for Chris Jones in the statement. He is doing a wonderful job,signed Mr. Jones.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1