Angelos Family Fued

Going Underground

8 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I can see that. Doesn’t mean it’s gonna happen. 

Don't think so. Would really be a slap in the face to the general assembly who gave in to the Orioles demands and then they move.Built the wall,lowered the rent and get to keep all the revenue from the concerts.A big big slap in the face.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Don't think so. Would really be a slap in the face to the general assembly who gave in to the Orioles demands and then they move.Built the wall,lowered the rent and get to keep all the revenue from the concerts.A big big slap in the face.

I can guarantee you that will be the focus of the story for many. 

2 minutes ago, interloper said:

I mean.

It's unquestionably good that they fired Brady.

It's good IMO that they hired Elias.

It's good that they built a Dominican academy.

It bodes well that they have Camden Yards renovations planned.

They should sell, but not move. 

I think almost everyone agrees with the last line Hopefully they sign the long term lease soon and say goodbye John  

29 minutes ago, TradeAngelos said:

I got two names mixed up yet it's "all wrong". 

Here we go again.  

Yeah it's not like they are critical to the story or anything.  Babe Ruth hit 755 HRs, eclipsing Hank Aaron's long-standing record of 714.

What-ev

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, baltfan said:

Disagree with this. John hired Elias who has built the kind of system that actually could allow the Orioles to compete. 

A new owner may or may not retain Elias. (I think it's likely he would, for a while, but obviously there are are a zillion unknowns in the hypothetical.) I

I believe there are lots of men and women out there as talented as Elias, including some who are more talented. Whatever happens to Elias, I think it's very likely a new owner would keep the team on the same track, but would have a lot more money to do things like bring in the veteran talent that's going to be necessary (not sufficient, but necessary) to produce a contender, build out the analytics department, and have the radio announcers travel to away games. 

• Upvote 1