Urias to IL, Martin up

Legend_Of_Joey

31 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Legit question: Would you rather see Nevin or Bannon at 3rd?

I'd rather see someone off the waiver wire. lol

I don't think either are major league players honestly.

Nevin's expected stats are better than his actual stats so there's some thought he's been unlucky a bit, but I just see a guy who looks like a power hitter but really is more like a slow singles hitter. 

Defensively he won't kill you often at third base, but his only asset there is his plus arm. If the bat was better you'd live with the defense, but he's not going to be a consistent hitter and will not bring much game power.

I've really never been a Bannon guy. He's a bit like McKenna in his inability to hit good velocity and he's susceptible to breaking stuff when he gears up for fastballs. Defensively he's too erratic at 3B with his side arm slinging throwing motion.

If healthy I'd take Gutierrez but his fielded took a step ack this year early on for some reason.

Honestly none of them should be in the major leagues as they don't bring enough of anything (versatility, power, speed, defense). 

Honestly, if Westburg keeps hitting in AAA, I'd bring him up and let him take his lumps a bit in the majors. Might make him more ready for the majors next year.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

Should Martin just be given regular playing time since he's up?

Where? You want to give him the everyday SS or 2B position? He's never played 3B as a professional. Martin is a utility guy. He should at least bring a little better defense and some speed to the utility job that Elias gave to Owings for some reason this year.

2 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Nevin's expected stats are better than his actual stats so there's some thought he's been unlucky a bit, but I just see a guy who looks like a power hitter but really is more like a slow singles hitter. 

Defensively he won't kill you often at third base, but his only asset there is his plus arm. If the bat was better you'd live with the defense, but he's not going to be a consistent hitter and will not bring much game power.