Urias to IL, Martin up

Legend_Of_Joey

31 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Legit question: Would you rather see Nevin or Bannon at 3rd?

I'd rather see someone off the waiver wire. lol

I don't think either are major league players honestly.

Nevin's expected stats are better than his actual stats so there's some thought he's been unlucky a bit, but I just see a guy who looks like a power hitter but really is more like a slow singles hitter. 

Defensively he won't kill you often at third base, but his only asset there is his plus arm. If the bat was better you'd live with the defense, but he's not going to be a consistent hitter and will not bring much game power.

I've really never been a Bannon guy. He's a bit like McKenna in his inability to hit good velocity and he's susceptible to breaking stuff when he gears up for fastballs. Defensively he's too erratic at 3B with his side arm slinging throwing motion.

If healthy I'd take Gutierrez but his fielded took a step ack this year early on for some reason.

Honestly none of them should be in the major leagues as they don't bring enough of anything (versatility, power, speed, defense). 

Honestly, if Westburg keeps hitting in AAA, I'd bring him up and let him take his lumps a bit in the majors. Might make him more ready for the majors next year.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

Should Martin just be given regular playing time since he's up?

Where? You want to give him the everyday SS or 2B position? He's never played 3B as a professional. Martin is a utility guy. He should at least bring a little better defense and some speed to the utility job that Elias gave to Owings for some reason this year.

2 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Nevin's expected stats are better than his actual stats so there's some thought he's been unlucky a bit, but I just see a guy who looks like a power hitter but really is more like a slow singles hitter. 

Defensively he won't kill you often at third base, but his only asset there is his plus arm. If the bat was better you'd live with the defense, but he's not going to be a consistent hitter and will not bring much game power.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Baseball Reference adjusts for quality of offenses faced, park factor, and team defense. Orioles team dWAR is 1.0; White Sox is -4.7. First guess is Fedde is getting a lot of credit for achieving the same run prevention in front of inferior fielders. Burnes has faced KCx2, Was, Mil, Tam, Sea, Torx2, Bosx2, Oak, Chw, NYY, LA. Fedde has faced KCx2, Was, Mil, Tam, Sea, Tor, Bal, Min, CLEx2, Ari, STL, and Det. Doesn't seem like a huge difference there. So it's probably the fielding adjustment. Is the White Sox stadium especially hitter-friendly?
    • Rizzo just got hurt. Bad throw by 1B caused a collision at 1B. Rizzo while safe bumped into P and fell on ground.    He was grabbing his wrist/hand. Left game.    Red Sox are also in process of blowing the lead. 
    • I’ll agree and disagree. It’s not so important with this number of games left to juggle pitchers around since you are still playing the long game.     Bye teams going 3-5 in the DS have shown it’s not an impossible hill to climb. That said I think both teams still value winning the division. 
    • I totally agree. Some are still stuck in the mindset that we're a bad team. 
    • That's good.  Will give him something to do while he heals.
    • Huh? He's on pace to start under 100 games at Catcher.
    • Keith Law has him going late 1st round and doesn’t sound like a fan.   26. New York Yankees: Christian Moore, 2B, Tennessee Moore has probably performed his way into the first round, even though the underlying tools and instincts don’t support it. He’s hit 23 homers and has a .380/.446/.774 line (through Monday) as part of the Vols’ loaded lineup, where five hitters already have 15 or more homers. I could also see them on Ryan Waldschmidt or Jordan. Baseball America’s most recent mock had him going 19.  Some reservations about his defense. 19. Mets — Christian Moore, 2B, Tennessee Moore’s offensive consistency in his three years with Tennessee is impressive. He’s posted a 1.000 OPS or better in each season, has hit over .300 in each season and has managed double-digit homers in each season—with a career-best 28 homers in 2024. He did that while cutting his strikeout rate from 24-25% to 14.5%. There are real questions with how much he’ll be able to pick it at second base. Still, he has one of the more proven bats in the class and is getting tons of top-20 buzz.
  • Popular Contributors