Urias to IL, Martin up

Legend_Of_Joey

Two boneheaded plays by Martin today. On defense he threw home when he had no chance to get the runner, allowing another runner to go to third.  On offense, he got caught between third and home after Mullins got caught between first and second.  Dumb play by both.  But, I did think that Martin looked better at the plate than he has in the past.  He’s an upgrade over Owings and I look forward to seeing what he can do. 

Count me in as someone figuring Richie Martin would have picked up a few innings at third base over the years.  I'm not advocating that he should play there, btw.  I just figured that between his time in Baltimore while playing for some terrible teams and in the minors he'd have been there a bit.

Anyway, I'm rooting for the guy.  He's worked hard and I hope it pays off.  

6 hours ago, Frobby said:

Two boneheaded plays by Martin today. On defense he threw home when he had no chance to get the runner, allowing another runner to go to third.  On offense, he got caught between third and home after Mullins got caught between first and second.  Dumb play by both.  But, I did think that Martin looked better at the plate than he has in the past.  He’s an upgrade over Owings and I look forward to seeing what he can do. 

Lol great story bruh😂😂😂 And saved the game with a great a defensive play but failed to mention that. You just love to hate on this guy, stay classy. Maybe I should count all the times you make hate posts about Martin😂😂😂🤡🤡🤡. You seem to have a bizarre fascination with him.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

Lol great story bruh😂😂😂 And saved the game with a great a defensive play but failed to mention that. You just love to hate on this guy, stay classy. Maybe I should count all the times you make hate posts about Martin😂😂😂🤡🤡🤡. You seem to have a bizarre fascination with him.

I saw some reference to a great play he made but I wasn’t watching and didn’t see it.  Don’t know why you say I’m hating on the guy when I specifically said he looks better at the plate and I look forward to seeing what he can do.   And I posted somewhere else yesterday that I was glad he is getting this chance.  I don’t hate him at all.  He hasn’t done much with his previous chances but I’m hoping he’ll do more this time. 

• Like 1

The 27th out was pretty nifty, he went hard up the middle to barely cut off a CF single.   The throw was slow, but calculated as he prioritized a rapid transfer before his momentum got him too far from first base.

It may have been a rare pro game off shortstop, but a good example of why Earl's "just give me all the <redacted> shortstops" tastes make sense.

I don't believe Urias or Odor would have had the legs to get there, or the arm even if they did.

10 minutes ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

2 more hits so far today including a triple and a couple nice plays at SS. 

note: his debut at 2b yesterday was his first at the major league level in 

He can go 0 for his next 30 and I’ll still prefer him on the roster to Chris Owings. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

Ok, gotta say this is one of the more bizarre rants I've seen.