We are up. Who do you want for pick 81, and who do you think they will take?

I forgot which GM we had whose philosophy was "Grow the arms, buy the bats" (MacPhail?)

I thought this was a terrible strategy at the time.   There is tremendous attrition with arms due to injuries.  And some guys just never develop into the pitcher you envision.   So you will have ignored the bats and have terrible attrition from the pitching and end up with a whole lot of nothing....    This was just a terrible strategy 

Growing the bats may be a better strategy.  Less attrition.  Better odds of finding guys.   If you have a surplus you can trade for pitching.   You can sign a FA pitcher or two.   You can buy a thousand skinny Dominican teenagers and hope a few turn into Pedro Martinez.  I like the Grow the bats strategy better...

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

We both know they think they are smarter than everyone else and bpa is not their strategy:) I am just thankful we got Holiday and not someone like Berry.

Geez, Nelson.  You're starting to sound like a broken record and it's a sad, sad song.

• Upvote 2

Top prospects remaining according to MLB.com.  

Brock Porter, RHP  (HS)

Tristan Smith, LHP  (HS)

Malcolm Moore, C  (HS)

Jonathan Cannon, RHP

Gavin Guidry, SS  (HS)

Trystan Vrieling, RHP

Bryce Hubbart, LHP

Brady Neal, C (IMG Academy)

Sam Horn, RHP/SS  (HS)

Bradley Loftin, LHP  (HS)

Just now, Sports Guy said:

I think it’s obvious they are going BPA, especially this year.

Huh? Why in the world do you think that? First off, they most likely passed on Jones because he is a Boras guy, they will likely pass on Porter at 2pm (we will see I guess). If they are going BPA as you say, I guess time will tell at 2pm. 

Fabian they clearly are in love with for whatever reason, doesn't sound like BPA there.

..and....I don't think the other two guys were even remotely close to BPA.

1 minute ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

Huh? Why in the world do you think that? First off, they most likely passed on Jones because he is a Boras guy, they will likely pass on Porter at 2pm (we will see I guess). If they are going BPA as you say, I guess time will tell at 2pm. 

Fabian they clearly are in love with for whatever reason, doesn't sound like BPA there.

Quick question.  Do you know who Jackson Holliday's agent is?

Someone said that Boras also represents Holliday.  That would kind of blow your theory out of the water, wouldn't it?

You know who else is a Boras guy?  HOLLIDAY!

You are assuming the Orioles board is the same as Callis’ board.  That’s where your assumption is wrong.

2 minutes ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

Hmm....Holliday is also a Boras guy.  Don't know why you bring that up about Jones since it's the same thing.  And yes, I also think they are going with the BPA on their board, which obviously differs for you, and some experts, opinions.  Doesn't mean they are wrong though.  

3 minutes ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

Huh? Why in the world do you think that? First off, they most likely passed on Jones because he is a Boras guy,

You're aware that Holliday is also repped by Boras right? ok just checking