07/26/22 Roster Moves: Terrin Vavra is called up from Norfolk (MLB debut) and Arauz to the IL

OsFanSinceThe80s

4 minutes ago, RVAOsFan said:

Hope to see him get some playing time during this opportunity.  He is one of the guys we need to see what we have in him.

Odor has a .628 OPS against RHP this season and Vavra in MILB has put up a .955 OPS against RHP. That will come down against MLB pitchers, but there's an opportunity to give Vavra some playing time. 

https://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.fcgi?id=vavra-000ter&type=bgl&year=2022

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/split.fcgi?id=odorro01&year=2022&t=b

• Upvote 1

Trying to think of reasons to start Odor over Vavra tonight... all I can come up with is the O's must not be very high on Vavra.  

So for everyone thinking we can trade 1/3 of the starting lineup at the deadline and bring guys like Vavra up to fill the holes, don't count on it.

Arauz broken finger, and Vavra still only gets 77....is Richie Martin coming back soon?

Good luck to him!    YTD looks like 2B only a small edge on CF in number of games started.

77 kind of says to me he isn't going to play much more than Arauz has the last few weeks, and we aren't messing with Odor's confidence before the trade deadline.    

6 minutes ago, RVAOsFan said:

Trying to think of reasons to start Odor over Vavra tonight... all I can come up with is the O's must not be very high on Vavra.  

Well, it could be because of the travel day.  The injury didn’t happen until the end of the game, and Norfolk is in Memphis tonight.  I am not saying that Vavra couldn’t have started tonight, but I can see why Hyde may want him to just get settled in.  Hopefully he’ll start tomorrow.

• Upvote 1